A Routing Algorithm Based on High Energy Efficiency in Cooperation WSN
To solve the weakness of small energy reserves of wireless sensor network, an ant colony algorithm based on the minimum energy consumption was proposed. The new algorithm chooses the path from the energy consumption of the current node to the next hop node, the path which chosen has the big pheromone to balance the energy consumption of whole network by the rules of intra-cluster communication and inter-clustering communication, and choosing the better link to realize the data transmission. The simulation results show that the path chosen by the algorithm is better than the simple ant colony algorithm, and the algorithm can save the network energy consumption better and can prolong the life cycle of the network.
KeywordsWSN Ant colony algorithm Energy efficiency Life cycle
This work was supported by Project 61062002 and 60972078 of the National Science Foundation of China and 1014ZTC109 of the Master Student Tutor Fund Education Department of Gansu Province.
- 1.Feng Y, Jin X, Cai W (2007) Wireless sensor network routing protocol based on improved ant colony algorithm. Chinese J Sensor Actuat 20(11):2461–2464Google Scholar
- 2.Li Y (2010) Cooperative MIMO wireless sensor network energy efficiency optimization research. Master Dissertation, vol 21, Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications, pp 398–410Google Scholar
- 3.Wang G, Wang Y, Tao X (2010) Clustering routing algorithm for wireless sensor network based on ant colony. Comput Eng 36(18):73–75Google Scholar
- 4.LiJian B, Zheng W (2009) New multiple ant optimization routing algorithm for wireless sensor network. Appl Res Comput 26(7):2686–2690Google Scholar
- 5.Hua N, Shi H (2010) ACSA: an improved ant colony algorithm for routing problems of wireless sensor networks. Chinese J Sensor Actuat 20(7):1603–1609Google Scholar
- 6.Camilo T, Carreto C, Silva JS et al (2006) An energy-efficient ant-based routing algorithm for wireless sensor networks.Proceedings of the international workshop on ant colony optimization and swarm intelligence. Brussels, Belgium, vol 2, Springer, Berlin, pp 49–59 Google Scholar
- 7.Heinzelman WR, Kulik J, Balakrishnan H (2001) Adaptive protocols for information dissemination in wireless sensor networks. Proceedings of the 5th annual international conference on mobile computing and networking. New York, vol 2, ACM Press, New York, pp 174–185Google Scholar
- 8.Colorni A, Dorigo M, Maniezzo V (1991) Distributed optimization by ant colonies. In: Proceedings of 1st European conference on artificial life, Pans, vol 2, Elsevier, Paris, pp 134–142Google Scholar
- 9.Hua T (2008) Ant colony algorithm research and implementation. Fujian Norm Univ 37:237–241Google Scholar
- 11.Proakis JG (2000) Digital communication, 4th ed. McGraw Hill, vol 20, New York, pp 10–16Google Scholar
- 12.Gu Z (2010) Wireless sensor network cooperation MIMO clustering algorithm research. Master Dissertation, vol 2, University of Electronic Science and Technology of China, pp 02–14Google Scholar