A PSVIOQ-CICQ Solution Based on CICQ
A PSVIOQ-CICQ solution for differentiated quality of service (QoS) based on CICQ is proposed. The design of PSVIOQ-CICQ introduce virtual queue technology, input buffer is set to N VOQ, collaborate with the load balancer complete the balanced allocate of load. Output buffer is set to N VIQ, collaborate with the cell integrator complete the cells forward in order and provide QoS guarantee. Simulation shows that PSVIOQ-CICQ has good fairness and load balancing and achieves the design objects overall.
KeywordsParallel switch Differentiated QoS Combined input and cross-point queue (CICQ) Scheduling algorithm
This work was supported in part by the grants from natural science research projects of Henan province with No. 2011A520028 and Dr. Research fund of North China Institute of Water Conservancy and Hydroelectric Power.
- 2.Dai Y, Su J, Sun Z (2008) A parallel packet switch achieving in-order cell delivery with combined-input-and-output queuing switches. J Softw 12:3207–3217Google Scholar
- 3.Iyer S, McKeown NW (2003) Analysis of the parallel packet switch architecture. IEEE/ACM Trans Networking 11(2):314–324Google Scholar
- 4.Iyer S, McKeown N (2001) Making parallel packet switches practical. In: Proceedings of the IEEE INFOCOM. Piscataway: institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc 21:1680–1687Google Scholar
- 5.Khotimsky D, Krishnan S (2002) Evaluation of open-loop sequence control schemes for multi-path switches. In: Proceedings of the IEEE ICC. Piscataway: Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc 10:2116–2120Google Scholar
- 6.Mneimneh S, Siu K (2002) Scheduling unsplittable flows using parallel switches. In: Proceedings of the IEEE ICC. Piscataway: institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc 35:2410–2415Google Scholar
- 7.Shi L, Liu B, Li WJ et al (2006) DS-PPS: a practical framework to guarantee differentiated QoS in terabit routers with parallel packet switch. In: Proceeding of the 25th IEEE INFOCOM 2006, Barcelona, Spain 78:1–12Google Scholar