Assembly Sequence Planning Based on Assembly Knowledge Database
An assembly sequence planning method based on assembly knowledge is put forward. Three types of the assembly knowledge were defined, and the knowledge database was established, which include products’ part designing knowledge, joining knowledge, and assembly rule knowledge. According to all of the knowledge, assembly model was building and simplified. Supported by above knowledge assembly model, by firing the state matrix, all the feasible sequence can be obtained. Then, the sequences of the joining were acquired from the knowledge database, which were insert into the feasible sequence, and the assembly sequence were obtained. Finally, a simple case is provided to illustrate the effectiveness of the proposed method.
KeywordsAssembly knowledge Assembly sequence planning Petri net
Supported by State Key Laboratory of Robotics and System (Harbin Institute of Technology) (SKLRS-2001-MS-08) and national science foundation of china(51105269).
- 1.Gottipolu RB, Ghosh K (1995) An integrated approach to the generation of assembly sequence. Int J Comput Appl Technol 8(3):125–138Google Scholar
- 2.Laperriere L, ElMaraghy HA (1994) Assembly sequences planning for simultaneous engineering applications. Int J Adv Manuf Technol 21:132–136Google Scholar
- 3.Gottipolu RB, Ghosh K (2003) a simplified and efficient representation for evaluation and selection of assembly sequence. Comput Ind 15(03):15–20Google Scholar
- 4.Smith GC, Smith SS-F (2002) An enhanced genetic algorithm for automated assembly planning. Rob Comput Integr Manuf 45(02):29–37Google Scholar
- 5.Smith GC, Smith SS-F (2003) Automated initial population generation for genetic assembly planning. Int J Computer Integr Manuf 13:39–44Google Scholar
- 6.Mok SM, Ong K, Wu CH (2001) Automatic generation of assembly instructions using step. Proc IEEE Int Conf Rob Autom 9:32–37Google Scholar
- 7.Yin ZP, Ding H, Li et al HX (2003) A connector-based hierarchical approach to assembly sequence planning for mechanical assemblies. CAD Comput Aided Des 85(01):4–9Google Scholar
- 8.Li R, Fu YL, Ma YL, Feng HB (2006) Research of the assembly model based on Petri net. Wuhan Ligong Daxue Xuebao 28(S2):393–397Google Scholar