Research and Application of Ontology-Based Marine Ecology Knowledge Management
With the development of the marine scientific research, a large number of marine data and information are stored in many research institutions. It is important to share the data to guide further exploration about marine, but there are some problems in sharing them such as inconsistent data format, unclear term classification and non-uniform concept definition. Therefore, marine ecology knowledge ontology is proposed to solve the problems. Firstly, analyzed the complexity of marine ecosystems and proposed ontology construction model; secondly, based on role theory and the use of ontology editor tool Hozo, marine ecological knowledge ontology was built; finally, described the applications based on the ontology.
KeywordsMarine ecosystem Ontology Role theory Information retrieval
This research is supported by the New Century Excellent Talents in University (NCET-07-0784) and the Foundation of Henan Educational Committee (12A520003).
- 1.Guoying S, Bingzhang S (2010) Marine ecology, 3rd edn. Science Press, vol 34(2), pp 178–190Google Scholar
- 2.Fonsecaa F, Martinb J (2004) Space and time in eco-ontologies. AI Commun (IOS Press) 17(45):259–269Google Scholar
- 3.Zhenchao W, Li MC, Li FX (2011) Geo-ontology model based on description logic. In: The 19th international geoinformatics conference 55(18):234–235Google Scholar
- 4.Claborn J (2011) Toward an eco-ontology: a response to Greg Garrard’s “Heidegger Nazism Ecocriticism”. Interdisciplinary studies in literature and environment. Oxford University Press, Oxford, vol 16(35), pp 364–365Google Scholar
- 5.Leadbetter A, Hamre T, Lowry R, Lassoued Y, Dunne D (2010) Ontologies and ontology extension for marine environmental information systems. In: Proceedings of the workshop “environmental information systems and services-infastructures and platforms”. Bonn, Germany, vol 34(25), pp 12–14Google Scholar
- 6.Rueda C, Bermudez L, Fredericks J (2009) The MMI ontology registry and repository: a portal for marine metadata interoperability. MTS/IEEE Oceans’09. IEEE, Mississippi, vol 23, pp 302–308Google Scholar
- 7.Xiaodong W, Xiaohong Z, Jing W, Weiqiang H (2008) Time ontology building based on “role” and “relation”. J Henan Normal Univ (Nat Sci), vol 36. Zhengzhou 2(4):29–31Google Scholar
- 8.Mizoguchi R, Sunagawa E, Kozaki K et al (2007) The model of roles within an ontology development tool: Hozo. Appl Ontol 2(2):159–179Google Scholar
- 9.Jing X, Aimin W, Jianliang X (2011) Information retrieval optimization strategy based on domain ontology. Comput Eng Des 32:2695–2699Google Scholar