Research on Acceptance Degree of Harry Potter Series
As a household name which is going to be a major influence in the values and perceptions of the coming generation, the Harry Potter series owe its success not only to the interior causes but also to the exterior causes. We feel it is very natural for children and adult readers to accept the novels, since it offers readers a magic world filled with kind wizards and witches where they would escape the depressing reality and many social issues raised in the story series affect them and resonate with their inner heart. In all, Ms Rowling has succeeded in introducing an electronically addicted generation to the world of reading.
KeywordsJ. K. Rowling Harry potter series Children’s interest Adults’ expectation
- 1.Tom C, Harry Potter (2000) A general review. University Press of Mississippi, Jackson 3:93–95Google Scholar
- 2.Hellgardt K (2003) The aspect of children’s literature in selected fantasy works with respect to the reading habit of today’s children. Univ Hannover, Germany 2:88–92Google Scholar
- 3.Huitt W (2005) Public policy, economic inequality, and poverty: the united states in comparative perspective. Soc Sci 1:95–97Google Scholar
- 4.Jauss HR (1982) Toward an aesthetic of reception. University of Minnesota Press, MinnesotaGoogle Scholar
- 5.Munster P (1999) Real magic of harry potter. J Am Folklore 2:74–80Google Scholar