Research of Bank Internationalization Theory
The bank globalization is irresistible nowadays. This article will review the two themes focused on bank internationalization theory, namely the general theory of motivation of bank internationalization and the evolution theory of bank internationalization stage. Through the above research review found that, from the bank’s international strategy research context, although scholars have studied the behavior of banks increasing international attention, but the overall research in this area is fragmented and not systematic, the relative lack of empirical research, and influenced by the theory of multinational corporations.
KeywordsBank Internationalization Review
- 2.Rugman AM (1981) Inside the multinationals: the economics of internal market vol 11. Columbia University Press, New York, pp 38–45Google Scholar
- 3.Grubel GH (1977) A theory of multinational banking. Banco Nazional del Lavoro: Q Rev 12:349–363Google Scholar
- 4.Adrian ET (2002) FDI and internationalization: evidence from US subsidiaries of foreign banks. J Int Bus Stud 33:18–23Google Scholar
- 6.Giddy IH, Young S (1982) Conventional theory and unconventional multinationals: do new forms of multinational enterprise require new theories. In: Rugman AM (ed) New theories of multinational enterprise vol 12. London, pp 78–86Google Scholar
- 8.Fung JG, Bain EA et al (2002) A decade of internationalization: the experience of an Australian retail bank. J Int Financial Markets 12:399–417 (Institutions and Money )Google Scholar