Characteristic and Environmental Risk Assessment of Heavy Metals in Farmland Soil of Based on Speciation Analysis
In order to evaluate potential risks of farmland soil heavy metals to the Xinxiang city, more than 50 samples were practically collected and analysed. Results show that Cd, Ni and Zn are in higher degree of enrichment with reference of national quality standard for soil environment (GB15618-1995). Ranking order based on index of geo-accumulation assessment is Cd > Ni > Cu > Zn > Cr. Results of coefficients of potential ecological risk index show risk ranking order is Cd > Ni > Cu > Zn > Cr, and Cd is in class of extremely potential ecological risk. Result of integrated Hakanson potential ecological risk assessment show this farmland soil of the Xinxiang city is under very high potential ecological risk. Result of risk assessment code indicates Cd makes a very high risk to human health and stability of ecosystem not only because of its very high enrichment but also its high bioavailability.
KeywordsSpeciation analysis Farmland soil Potential ecological risk assessment Index of geo-accumulation Risk assessment code
- 1.Xi DL, Sun YS, Liu XY (1995) Environmental monitoring, vol 2. Higher Education Press, Peking, pp 39–48Google Scholar
- 3.Qian J, Wang ZJ, Shan XQ et al (1995) Progress in the investigation on plant availability of soil trace metals. Environ Sci 16(6):73–75Google Scholar
- 4.Li F, Wang XY, Tang FQ (2011) Potential ecological risk assessment of heavy metals in the suburban farmland soil from Xinxiang city. J Henan Normal Univ (Nat Sci Ed) 39(5):84–87Google Scholar
- 5.Tessier A, Campbell PGC, Blasson M (1979) Sequential extraction procedure for the speciation of particulate traces metals. Anal Chem 51(7):844–851Google Scholar
- 6.Muller G (1969) Index of geoaccumlation in sediments of the Rhine River. GeoJournal 2(3):108–118Google Scholar