Implementation of Intelligent Wireless Video Monitoring System
This paper implementation an intelligent video monitoring system based on wireless transmission and the embedded system. The system uses ARM processor and Linux operation system, capturing the monitoring video by the USB camera and transmission through the wireless network (802.11 g). The video signal is transmitted to a monitoring terminal (PC), the resolution of the monitoring video can achieve 320 × 240 and the frame frequency is up to 20 frames/s or 640 × 480 and the frame frequency is up to 5 frames/s. The system integrates intelligent video processing algorithm, can monitor and discrimination the movement in the region, can meet the general video monitoring requirement. The system is inexpensive, can according to the different application to change intelligent control algorithm and it has the widespread application prospect.
KeywordsVideo monitoring Video compression Wireless video transmission Embedded system
The subject is supported by Zhejiang Province College Students’ Science and Technology Innovation Project. The subject is supported by the construct program of the key discipline in Hangzhou.
- 1.Liu J, Zheng W, Cai W (2008) Research and realization of video capture technology applicable to a monitoring-control system for safety production in a coal-mine. Ind Instrum Autom 5:59–62Google Scholar
- 2.Fang F (2008) The embedded wireless remote video monitor system based on arm. Instrum Technol 1:27–29Google Scholar
- 3.Chen M (2008) Analysis of object detection and tracking for video surveillance system. Video Eng 32(10):85–91Google Scholar
- 4.Que D, Du W, Yue P (2007) Research on Vivi Port to S3C2410 Ircochip. J Wuhan Univ Technol Inf Manag Eng 29(12):47–50Google Scholar
- 5.Shi J, Peng D (2008) ARM9 based embedded linux transplanting. J Wuhan Univ Technol Inf Manag Eng 30(2):205–208Google Scholar
- 6.Yang J, Yang Y (2007) Linux transplant based on the processor of S3C2410. Inf Technol 31(8):97–100,103Google Scholar