Data Support for Electronic Medicines Management
It is clear from the operational requirements of EP systems that these systems require high quality data inputs from a number of sources. The supporting data for EP systems and other medication management systems fall into four main categories:
KeywordsTotal Parenteral Nutrition British National Formulary Read Code Software Vendor Medicine Information
- 1.Coiera E. Guide to health informatics. 2nd ed. London: Arnold; 2003. p. 202–22.Google Scholar
- 2.Ustun TB. Presented at Australian Health & Welfare Institute Meeting, Towards ICD 11 for Australia, University of Sydney. 2011. http://www.aihw.gov.au/TwoColumnWideLeft.aspx?pageid=10737419473
- 4.National Cancer Intelligence Network. Cancer outcomes and services dataset. 2011. http://www.ncin.org.uk/collecting_and_using_data/data_collection/ncds.aspx. Accessed in November 2011.
- 5.NHS Connecting for Health. Electronic prescribing in hospitals: challenges & lessons learnt. 2009. p. 74. http://www.connectingforhealth.nhs.uk/systemsandservices/eprescribing. Accessed in November 2011.
- 7.Ryan A, Eklund P, et al. Toward the intraoperability of HL7v3 and SNOMED CT: a case study modelling mobile clinical treatment. Med Info. 2007;12:626–30.Google Scholar
- 8.Frosdick P, Dalton C. What is the dm + d and what will it mean for you and pharmacy practice? Pharm J. 2004;273:199–200.Google Scholar
- 9.Voss J. Launch of the X-factor for the visually impaired: the X-PIL. PIPA J. 2006;5:4–6.Google Scholar
- 11.Barker A, Kay J. Electronic prescribing improves patient safety – an audit. Hosp Pharm. 2007;14:225.Google Scholar
- 12.Gray S, Smith J. Practice report – electronic prescribing in Bristol. Healthc Pharm. August 2004:20–2.Google Scholar
- 13.Anon. Changes of drug names from BANs to rINNs. Pharm J. 2002;272:364.Google Scholar
- 14.Anon. Dose syntax. 2011. http://www.dmd.nhs.uk/dossyntax.html. Accessed in November 2011.
- 15.Hammond WE. The role of standards in electronic prescribing. Health Aff (Millwood). 2004;Web exclusive:W4-325-7.Google Scholar