Epidemiology of Malnutrition in Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
Part of the Current Topics in Rehabilitation book series (CURRENT REHAB)
Physicians have observed for many years that markers of nutritional depletion were present in individuals with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
KeywordsChronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease Patient Rest Energy Expenditure Diet History Nutritional Change
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Hare H.A.: Respiratory disorders of the lung. In: McCrae O. (Ed.) Modern Medicine. Philadelphia, Lea Febiger 1914.Google Scholar
- 3.Filley G.F., Beckwitt HJ., Reeves J.T., Mitchell R.S.: Chronic obstructive bronchopulmonary disease II. Oxygen transport in two clinical types. Am. J. Med. 1968; 44:26–38.Google Scholar
- 7.Vandenbergh E., Van de Woestyne K.P., Gyselen A.: Weight changes in the terminal stages of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Am. Res. Respir. Dis. 1967; 95:556–65.Google Scholar
- 8.Hunter A.M.B., Carey M.A., Larsh H.W.: The nutritional status of patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Am. Res. Respir. Dis. 1981; 124:376–381.Google Scholar
- 14.Grande F., Keys A.: Body weight, body composition, and caloric status. In: Goodhard R.S., Shils M.E. (Eds.) Modern Nutrition in Health and Disease. Philadelphia, Lea Febiger, 1980; 5–6.Google Scholar
- 15.Blackburn G.L., Bistrian B.R., Mairi M.S., Schlamm H.T.I., Smith M.I.: Nutritional assessment of the hospitalized patient. J.P.E.N. 1977; 1:11–77.Google Scholar
- 17.Harris J.A., Benedict F.A.: Biometric studies of basal metabolism in man. Carnegie Institute of Washington, 1919. Publication No. 279.Google Scholar
- 18.Derogatis L.R. The SCL-90-R. Baltimore: Clinical Psychometrics Research, 1975Google Scholar
- 19.Ryan T.A. Jr., Joiner B.L., Ryan, B.F.: Minilab reference manual. University Park, P.A: Minilab, Inc. January 1981.Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag London 1992