Organization of the Clinical Trial by the Sponsor
There is a standard set of start-up, ongoing monitoring, and close-out requirements and procedures for all clinical trials. These generic requirements are discussed in other books and are not the remit of this book. However, because of the nature of this therapeutic area, it is important to consider the particular extras and details that have to be evaluated, and this chapter provides an overview of these items. The sponsor needs to be aware of these items in a timely manner — all too often the novice will overlook an important detail until it becomes a critical issue. This chapter will help ensure these kinds of errors are avoided.
KeywordsPlacebo Arthritis Europe Osteoporosis Shipping
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Guidelines for the Pre-clinical and Clinical Evaluation of Agents used in the Prevention or Treatment of Postmenopausal Osteoporosis. FDA, 1994 (http://www.fda.gov/cder/guidance/osteo.pdf).
- 2.Notes for Guidance on Postmenopausal Osteoporosis in Women. CPMP, 2001 ( http://www.emea.eu.int/pdfs/human/ewp/055295en.pdf).
- 3.Guidelines for Preclinical Evaluation and Clinical Trials in Osteoporosis. Geneva: World Health Organization, 1998.Google Scholar
- 5.Recommendations Guiding Medical Doctors in Biomedical Research Involving Human Subjects. Adopted by the 18th World Medical Assembly, Helsinki, Finland 1964 and revised by the 52nd World Medical Assembly, Edinburgh, 2000. (Available at http://www.wma.net/e/policy/17-c_e.html)
- 6.Miller CG, Barden HS. Entrance criteria for clinical trials with DEXA. J Bone Miner Res 1994; 9 (Supplement 1): S209.Google Scholar
- 10.International Conference on Harmonisation: Guidance on Statistical Principles for Clinical Trials. Federal Register 1998;63:49583–98. (Available at http://www.fda.gov/cder/guidance/91698.pdf)
- 11.International Conference on Harmonization: Structure and Content of Clinical Study Reports. Federal Register 1996;61;37320–43. (Available at http://www.fda.gov/cder/guidance/iche3.pdf)