The CICS application programming interface definition
IBM has been using Z in the development of CICS at Hursley Park for over five years. This paper reports recent work in the construction of a specification of a complex programming interface—the CICS application programming interface. It covers the nature of the interface being specified, reasons for specifying it, how the work has been organised, and technical problems encountered.
KeywordsApplication Programming Interface Error Handling Interval Control TerminaL controL Transient Data
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [Blyth90]Blyth D. The CICS application programming interface: Temporary storage IBM Hursley Technical Report TR12.301, December 1990Google Scholar
- [CICSGI]CICS General Information IBM Form No GC33–0155Google Scholar
- [Collins87]Collins B.P., Nicholls J.E. and Sorensen I.H. Introducing formal methods: The CICS experience with Z IBM Hursley Technical report TR12.260, December 1987Google Scholar
- [Croxa1190]Croxall S., Lupton P. J. and Wordsworth J.B. A formal specification of the CPI Communications IBM Hursley Technical Report TR12. 277, December 1990Google Scholar
- [Houston90a]Houston I.S.C. and Wordsworth J.B. A Z specification of part of the CICS file control API IBM Hursley Technical Report TR12.272, February 1990 Google Scholar
- [Houston90b]Houston I.S.C. The CICS application programming interface: Automatic transaction initiation IBM Hursley Technical Report TR12.300, December 1990Google Scholar
- [King90]King S. The CICS application programming interface: Program control IBM Hursley Technical Report TR12.302, December 1990Google Scholar
- [Mundy90]Mundy P. and Wordsworth J.B. The CICS application programming interface: Transient data and storage control IBM Hursley Technical Report TR12.299, December 1990Google Scholar
- [Wordsworth89]Wordsworth J.B. Practical experience of formal specification: a programming interface for communications in ESEC 89: 2nd European Software Engineering Conference, ed. Ghezzi and McDermid, Springer-Verlag (LCNS 387), September 1989Google Scholar