Experiences in Implementing Solution Techniques for Networks of Queues
This paper will show how to solve simple closed queueing network models using spreadsheets. Over the past decade there has been a growth in the use of personal computers and spreadsheets on the one hand and a growth in the use of approximate solution methods on the other. This paper will show that it is possible to use spreadsheets to re-create well known fixed point or approximate Mean Value Analysis results.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Lavenberg S.S. Closed multichain product form queueing networks with large population sizes. In: Disney R L, Ott T J, (eds) Applied Probability. Vol.l. Birkhauser; 1981, pp 219–249.Google Scholar
- Chandy K. M. and Neuse D. Fast accurate heuristic algorithms for queueing network models of computing systems. Communications of the ACM 25,2; Feb. 1982, pp 126–134.Google Scholar
- van Doremalen J., Wessels J. and Wijbrands R. Approximate Analysis of Priority Queueing Networks. Teletraffic Analysis and Computer Performance Evaluation. Science; 1986, pp 117–131.Google Scholar
- Agrawal S. C. Metamodelling. MIT Press, 1984.Google Scholar
- Kouvatsos D. and Tabet-Aouel N. Personal communication. 1989.Google Scholar
- Kelly F. P. On a Class of Approximations For Closed Queuing Networks. Queuing Systems: Theory and Applications. 1988Google Scholar