Formal Environment and Tools Description for the Analysis of Real time Concurrent Systems
A formal functional model for describing and reasoning about the behavior of real-time concurrent systems is described. A summary of tools and their operations are given. The usefulness of the model is illustrated through the formal specification of the design and proof of correctness of the design of a robotic navigation controller installed in a rectangular shaped common workspace.
KeywordsCompletion Time Precedence Relation Event Occurrence Concurrent System Sensor Variable
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V.S. Alagar and G. Ramanathan, “A functional model for specification and analysis of distributed real-time systems : Formalism and Applications”, submitted for publication, March 1988.Google Scholar
- 2.V.S. Alagar and G. Ramanathan, “Formal specification and proof of correctness of the majority consensus solution to the database update synchronization problem”, in preparation.Google Scholar
- 4.G. Kahn, “The semantics of a simple language for parallel processing”, Proc. IFIP Congress, 1974.Google Scholar
- 5.R. Koymans and W.P. de Roever, “Examples of real-time temporal logic specification”, Workshop on the analysis of Concurrent systems, Cambridge, pp. 231–251, 1983.Google Scholar
- 8.R. Milner, “Using algebra for concurrency : some approaches”, Workshop on the analysis of concurrent systems, pp. 7–25, 1983.Google Scholar