At one time pancreatic calculi were believed to be rare (Mayo 1936), but by 1939, Haggard and Kirtley were able to review 65 cases in which operations had been carried out for pancreatic stones, and could refer to 139 other cases, some reported in the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries, that had not been treated by operation.
KeywordsChronic Pancreatitis Pancreatic Duct Hydatid Cyst Calcium Oxalate Squamous Metaplasia
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Baggenstoss AH (1973) Pathology of pancreatitis. In: Gambill EE (ed) Pancreatitis. CV Mosby, St Louis, pp 179–212Google Scholar
- Comfort MW, Gambill EE, Baggenstoss AH (1946) Chronic relapsing pancreatitis. A study of twenty-nine cases without associated disease of the biliary or gastro-intestinal tract. Gastiroenterology 6:239–285, 376–408Google Scholar
- Dreiling DA (1959) Cystadenocarcinoma of the pancreas in a patient with long-standing chronic relapsing pancreatitis and pancreatic carcinosis. I Mount Sinai Hospital 26:589–593Google Scholar
- Guien C (1979) Radiological examination of the pancreas. In: Howat HT, Sarles H (eds) The exocrine pancreas. WB Saimders, London Philadelphia, pp 176–226Google Scholar
- Marks IN, Bank S, Louw SH (1968) Diagnosis and management of pancreatitis. In: Glass GBJ (ed) Progress in gastroenterology, vol 1. Grune and Stratton, New York, London, pp 412–472Google Scholar
- Mayo JG (1936) Pancreatic calculi. Proc Mayo Clinic 11:456–457Google Scholar
- Nakamura K, Sarles H, Payan H (1972) Three-dimensional reconstruction of the pancreatic ducts in chronic pancreatitis. Gastroenterology 69:942–949Google Scholar
- Opie EL (1910) Disease of the pancreas, 2nd edn. JB Lippincott, Philadelphia, p 258Google Scholar
- Sarles H, Figarella C, Tiscomia O, Colomb E, Guy O, Verine H, De Caro A, Multigner L, Lechene P (1980) Chronic calcifying pancreatitis (CCP). Mechanism of formation of the lesions. New data and critical study. In: Fitzgerald PJ, Morrison AB (eds) The pancreas. Williams and Wilkins, Baltimore, pp 48–66Google Scholar
- Volk W, Wellmann KF (1977) Idiopathic diabetes. In: Volk BW, Wellmann KF (eds) The diabetic pancreas. Baillière Tindall, London, pp 231–260Google Scholar