Asia: A Knowledge-Based System for Plan Generation with Incomplete Information
This paper describes the experiences gained and results achieved while applying expert system technology to short term production planning at workcell level. The problem faced was that of implementing a system able to support the user both when he is planning production and when he revises a forecasted production plan to take into account unexpected events. Owing to the unavailability of some data caused by the incomplete automatization of the factory information system, a need for suitable interaction techniques and particular knowledge sources has emerged in order to face such a lack of information.
The paper describes the system implementation with particular regard to knowledge representation and control mechanism definition; results and evaluation of the field test activities will be also presented.
KeywordsProduction Planning Stock Level Injection Area ASIA System Generate Assembly Plan
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- CADISCO F., DELL’ORCO P., MAFFIONE C., PEZZINGA A., “The Action Planning Shell: a development environment for Action Planning Expert Systems”, in Proceedings of CIM-Europe SIG 2 Workshop, Bremen, 20–22 September 1989.Google Scholar
- FINAL REPORT — Implementation Guidelines — ESPRIT Project No. 932, December 1989.Google Scholar
- INTERNAL TECHNICAL REPORT — “Project ASIA — The Application Domain Description and User Requirement Document”, February 1990.Google Scholar
- INTERNAL TECHNICAL REPORT — “Project ASIA — Software Requirement Document”, March 1990.Google Scholar
- THIRD INTERIM REPORT — Demonstrator Description — ESPRIT 2 Project No. 2202, December 1990.Google Scholar
- FORGY C. L., The OPS83 User’s Manual — System Version 3. 0,1989, Production Systems Technologies, Inc.Google Scholar
- VMS DECWINDOWS TOOLKIT — Reference Manual Version 1.0, December 1988.Google Scholar
- XTOOLKITINTRINSICS — Reference Manual, O’Reilly & Associates, Inc., 1990.Google Scholar