Analysing Functions by Projection-Based Backward Abstraction
Various techniques for strictness analysis by non-standard interpretation have been proposed in which the basic non-standard values are projections. We show that continuous functions can be completely characterised by appropriate forward and backward abstractions.
KeywordsContinuous Function Stable Function Safety Condition Projection Transformer Abstract Domain
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Wray, S. “A new strictness detection algorithm.” In Proceedings of the Workshop in Implementation of Functional Languages (Aspenäs, Sweden). L. Augustsson et. al., eds. Report 17, Programming Methodology Group, Department of Computer Sciences, Chalmers University of Technology and University of Göteborg, Göteborg, Sweden.Google Scholar
- Augustsson, L. and.Johnson, T. “The Chalmers Lazy ML Compiler.” Department of Computer Science, Chalmers University of Technology, Göteborg, Sweden, 1988.Google Scholar
- Burn, G.L., “Using Projection Analysis in Compiling Lazy Functional Programs”, Proceedings of the 1990 ACM Conference on Lisp and Functioz al Programming,ACM, 1990.Google Scholar
- Wadler, P., and Hughes, J. “Projections for Strictness Analysis.” In Proceedings of Functional Programming Languages and Computer Architecture (Portland, Oregon). G. Kahn, ed. LNCS 274. Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1987.Google Scholar
- Hunt, S. Projection analysis and stable functions. Unfinished manuscript.Google Scholar
- Davis, K. “A Note on the Choice of Domains for Projection-Based Program Analysis.” In Functional Programming: Proceedings of the 1991 Glasgow Workshop, 13–15 August 1991, Isle of Skye, . P. Wadler et al., eds. Springer Workshops in Computing. Springer-Verlag, 1992.Google Scholar
- Launchbury, J. Projection Factorisations in Partial Evaluation. PhD Thesis, Glasgow University, Nov 89. Distinguished Dissertation in Computer Science, Vol 1, CUP, 1991.Google Scholar
- Berry, G. “Stable models of typed lambda-calculi.” In Proceedings of the 5th ICALP pp 375–387, LNCS 62. Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1978.Google Scholar
- Hughes, R.J.M. and Launchbury, J. “Relational Reversal of Abstract Interpretation.” In ??.Google Scholar