The last chapter described some rather abstract approaches to the subject of document processing: this one is about real formatting and printing software. It is not intended to be a users’ manual for any of the packages and languages discussed, but to provide an insight into what this kind of software must do to get a document onto paper, and how its users can influence the process.
KeywordsEditing Alan Metaphor Verse
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Green C (1989) Saturday night and Sunday morning. Apple Business, October: 23–28Google Scholar
- 2.Carney TF (1988) Publishing By microcomputer. Education and Human Communication Series, Peter Francis, CambridgeGoogle Scholar
- 3.Emerson S, Paulsell K (1987) Typesetting for Unix systems. Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJGoogle Scholar
- 5.Brailsford D (1988) Electronic publishing and computer science. Electronic Publishing 0(0)[sic]:13— 21Google Scholar
- 6.Holtz M (1988) Mastering Ventura. SybexGoogle Scholar
- 7.Lamport L (1986) LaTeX: A document preparation system. Addison-Wesley, LondonGoogle Scholar
- 8.Knuth D (1986) TeX: The program. Addison-Wesley, Reading, MAGoogle Scholar