Legal Action Following Treatment for Varicose Veins
Procedures carried out for the treatment of varicose veins are among the commonest in surgical practice. Major complications are rare but may be life threatening. Minor complications are common, and may give rise to grievances particularly in the light that patients often seek treatment for cosmetic reasons.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Cockett FB. Arterial complications during surgery and sclerotherapy of varicose veins. Phlebologie 1986; 1:3–6Google Scholar
- 3.Editorial. Hazards of Varicose Vein Treatment. S.A. Medical Journal 1977; 956Google Scholar
- 4.Keddie NC. Medico-legal problems from the treatment of varicose veins. Journal of the Medical Defence Union. Winter 1987: 8–9Google Scholar
- 5.Medical Defence Union Annual Report. Lost in the Femoral Triangle. 1986:43Google Scholar
- 6.Medical Defence Union Annual Report. Popliteal Nerve avulsed. 1988:57Google Scholar