Limited Stripping and Phlebectomy in Varicose Vein of Lower Extremities in Day Surgery
Surgery was one of the early treatments of varices. Hippocrates described puncturing of varices and pressing out the contents from below. Celsus coined the term cirsotomy, which is still in use today, and means incision of varix, and Galen described the extirpation of varices as well as their cauterisation. Ligation of vessels was first practised by Antillus and was then reintroduced by the Pare.
KeywordsVaricose Vein Doppler Examination Femoral Nerve Block Saphenous Nerve Compression Bandage
- 1.Large J. The treatment of varicose veins; a personal review. Phlebology 1990; 5: 141–146.Google Scholar
- 2.Van Der Stricht KR. Saphenectomiae par invagination sur fil. La presse Medicule Paris 1963; 1081–82.Google Scholar
- 3.Varady Z. Microsurgical method in surgery of varices according to Varady. Przegl. Flebol. 1993; 1: 15–18.Google Scholar
- 4.Walter P., de Groot M. D. Treatment of varicose veins; modern concepts and methods. J Dermatol Surg Oncol 1989; 15:2.Google Scholar
- 5.Browse NL, Burnand KG, Lea Thomas M Diseases of the veins. Pathology, diagnosis and treatment. London; Edward Arnold 1988: 214.Google Scholar