Software Best Practices in Dependable Systems: The European Research Projects ENCRESS, OLOS and ESPITI from a Partners Perspective
European Research Programmes have a long term tradition in supporting activities in the area of dependability and quality of software. EWICS TC 7, the European Workshop on Industrial Computer Systems, Technical Committee 7, Reliability, Safety and Security, has been supported by the European Commission in producing its guidelines on “Dependability of Critical Computer Systems”, which, as an deliverable, have been published in three volumes by Elsevier Science Publishers, long before the first framework programme of ESPRIT has been started. The author and its institution are now involved in three current European projects in this area, ENCRESS (European Network of Clubs for REliability and Safety of Software, an ESSI dissemination action), OLOS (A Holistic Approach to the Dependability Analysis and Evaluation of Control Systems involving Hardware, Software and Human Resources, a HCM scientific cooperation network) and ESPITI (European Software Process Improvement Training Initiative, an ESSI Training Initiative). These projects will be described from a (small) partners perspective.
KeywordsTechnology Transfer European Workshop Training Initiative Computer Control System Permanent Staff
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [BAN94]Bangemann et.al. Europe and the Global Information Society. Recommendations to the European Council. Brussels, May 26, 1994Google Scholar
- [BISH90]P.G. Bishop (Ed.) “Dependability of Critical Computer Systems - Techniques Directory”, Vol. 3, Elsevier Science Publ., London, New York, 1990Google Scholar
- [CEC92]Commission of the European Community “Third Framework Programme”, Brussels, 1992Google Scholar
- [CEC93]European Commission “Growth, Competivenes, Employment - The Challenges and Ways Forward into the 21st Century”, White PaperGoogle Scholar
- [DAN90]B.K. Daniels (Ed.) “Safety of Computer Control Systems 1990 (SAFECOMP ’90) - Proceedings of the IFAC/EWICS/SARS Symposium, Gatwick, UK, 1990”, Pergamon Press, Oxford, UK, 1990Google Scholar
- [GEN89]R. Genser, E. Schoitsch, P. Kopacek (Eds.) “Safety of Computer Control Systems 1989 (SAFECOMP ’89) - Proceedings of the IFAC/MP Workshop in Vienna, Austria, 1989”, Pergamon Press, Oxford, UK, 1989Google Scholar
- [GOR93]J. Gorski (Ed.) “SAFECOMP ’93 - Proceedings of the 12th International Conference on Computer Safety, Reliability and Security”, Springer, London, 1993Google Scholar
- [MAGG94]V. Maggioli (Ed) “SAFECOMP ’94 - Proceedings of the 13th International Conference on Computer Safety, Reliability and Security”, ISA Publ., USA, 1994Google Scholar
- [KOCH95]G. Koch, “Software process Improvement - the European Dimension (ESI)”, presentation at the Austrian ESPITI Kick-off event, March 15, 1995, ViennaGoogle Scholar
- [RED88]F.J. Redmill (Ed.) “Dependability of Critical Computer Systems”, Vol. 1, Elsevier Science Publ., London, New York, 1988Google Scholar
- [RED89]F.J. Redmill (Ed.) “Dependability of Critical Computer Systems”, Vol. 2, Elsevier Science Publ., London, New York, 1989Google Scholar