Real-time Mixing of Live Action and Synthetic Backgrounds based on Depth Values
This paper describes a new technique for depth sensitive real-time composition of live-action shot in a chroma-key studio and computer generated background images. A dedicated mixing device has been build for that purpose and has been tested in a real-time studio environment.
KeywordsFinal Image Foreground Pixel Live Video Virtual Camera Television Production
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Hughes D ‘Ultimatte’ Video travelling Matte, Int. Brodcast Engineer 11 (1980) 173:22–25Google Scholar
- 2.Jack K. Video Demystified: A Handbook for the Digital Engineer, Brooktree Corporation, 1993Google Scholar
- 3.Blonde L. The MONA LISA Project, these proceedingsGoogle Scholar
- 4.DVS GmbH ISP500 — User Manual, 1993Google Scholar
- 5.Silicon Graphics Onyx — Technical Report, 1994Google Scholar
- 6.Silicon Graphics Sirius Video — Technical Report, 1994Google Scholar