ColNet Platform: Resilient Collaborative Networks through Interoperability
Operational resilience is aimed at providing the structural and functional agility that is required in non-hierarchical decision making collaborative networks (CN). In supporting such operational requirements, sound IT platforms are also needed. This paper introduces the Colnet platform, an undergoing development of the EU-funded FP7 Remplanet Project. The proposed architecture is based on the integration of three lifecycles, namely: Remplanet Ecosystem, CN and Organizational lifecycles. The platform takes advantage of an integrated interoperability approach based on processes, services and data perspectives in ensuring a performant collaboration level inside the nerwork.
KeywordsCollaborative Networks Interoperable IT Platform Service Engineering BPMS
This work has been partly funded by the European Commission through the Project REMPLANET: Resilient Multi-Plant Networks (Grant Agreement No. NMP2-SL-2009-229333). The authors wish to acknowledge the Commission for their support. We also wish to acknowledge our gratitude and appreciation to all the REMPLANET project partners for their contribution during the development of various ideas and concepts presented in this paper.
- Elvesaeter, Hahn, Berre, and Neple, “Towards an Interoperability Framework for Model-Driven Development of Software Systems,” 2005.Google Scholar
- Chen, D. “Enterprise Interoperability Framework.” LAPS/GRAI, University Bordeaux, 2006.Google Scholar
- Nachira, F. Nicolai, A. and Dini, P. Digital Business Ecosystems, 2007th ed. European Comission, 2007.Google Scholar
- Camarinha-Matos, L. and Afsarmanesh, H. “Creation of virtual organizations in a breeding environment.” In Proceedings of INCOM’06 – St. Etienne, France – 17-19 May 06, 2006.Google Scholar
- Sanz, J.L., Nayak, N. and Becker, V. “Business Services as a New Operational Model for Enterprises and Ecosystems,” presented at the E-Commerce Technology, 2006. The 8th IEEE International Conference on and Enterprise Computing, E-Commerce, and E-Services, The 3rd IEEE International Conference on, p. 61, 2006Google Scholar
- Franco, R. Ortiz Bas, A. and Lario Esteban, F. “Modeling extended manufacturing processes with service-oriented entities,” Service Business, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 31-50, Mar. 2009.Google Scholar
- W. M. P. van der Aalst, A. H. M. ter Hofstede, M. Weske: Business Process Management: A Survey. Business Process Management, LNCS, Volume 2678 pp 1-12; 2003Google Scholar
- Bieberstein, N., Bose, S., Fiammante, M., Jones, K. and Shah, R. Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) Compass. IBM Press. 2006Google Scholar