Assessment of Urinary Incontinence
A careful and thorough assessment should be made of all patients with incontinence. This involves taking a history, performing a physical examination, and arranging investigations that will help in diagnosis or in directing management.
KeywordsFatigue Catheter Creatinine Dementia Caffeinated
- The standardization of terminology of lower urinary tract function: www.icsoffice.org/publications.
- ICI-Q Questionnaire: http://www.iciq.net/.
- King’s Health Questionnaire: http://guidance.nice.org.uk/index.jsp?action=download&o=30291.
- EAU guidelines on incontinence: http://www.uroweb.org/guidelines/online-guidelines/.
- AUA/SUFU guidelines on incontinence: http://www.auanet.org/content/clinical-practice-guidelines/clinical-guidelines.cfm.
© Springer-Verlag London 2013