Assessment of Urinary Incontinence
A careful and thorough assessment should be made of all patients with incontinence. This involves taking a history, performing a physical examination, and arranging investigations that will help in diagnosis or in directing management.
KeywordsLower Urinary Tract Symptom Pelvic Floor Muscle Stress Incontinence International Prostate Symptom Score Bladder Outlet Obstruction
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- The standardization of terminology of lower urinary tract function: www.icsoffice.org/publications.
- ICI-Q Questionnaire: http://www.iciq.net/.
- King’s Health Questionnaire: http://guidance.nice.org.uk/index.jsp?action=download&o=30291.
- EAU guidelines on incontinence: http://www.uroweb.org/guidelines/online-guidelines/.
- AUA/SUFU guidelines on incontinence: http://www.auanet.org/content/clinical-practice-guidelines/clinical-guidelines.cfm.
© Springer-Verlag London 2013