Company Relocation as Demo-Case
This chapter serves to exemplify systemic planning in the form of a description of a complex planning task concerning the relocation of TRANS-IT Consult. The case concerns the application of SP for selecting a new company headquarters location in the Øresund region with many different factors influencing the final choice among a set of eight pre-screened possibilities. The case description includes the various SP steps and considerations leading towards a final strategic decision about the most attractive new location. As emphasised in the chapter findings the case is but one example of applying the systemic planning (SP) principles and methodology as it should basically be considered as an open-ended approach.
KeywordsAnalytic Hierarchy Process Systemic Planning Efficiency Gain Soft System Methodology Strong Importance
- Barfod MB, Jensen AV, Leleur S (2008) STMA beslutnings-analyse: metoder, proces og software. In: Carlsson CM (ed) Hållbart transport system för inre och yttre attraktionskraft, EU interreg project about strategic transport management in the Øresund region (STMØ) MAH Malmö, final STMØ report by Decision Modelling Group, DTU Transport. Technical University of Denmark (DTU), DenmarkGoogle Scholar
- Goodwin P, Wright G (2010) Decision analysis for management judgement, 4th edn. Wiley, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- ÖRIB (2007) Project Öresundsregionens Infrastruktur og Byudvikling, final report Öresundsregionen år 2045: Scenarier för trafik och byudvikling. Øresundskomiteens Sekretariat, CopenhagenGoogle Scholar
- Phillips LD (2007) Decision conferencing. In: Edwards W, Miles RF Jr, von Winterfeldt D (eds) Advances in decision analysis: from foundations to applications. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, pp 375–399Google Scholar
- Saaty TL (2001) Decision making for leaders: the analytic hierarchy process for decisions in a complex world. RWS Publications, PAGoogle Scholar