Investigation of Busbar-Structure for High Power Converter
In high power converter design, low-inductance busbar connecting DC capacitors and power devices is main concern to improve the quality of the whole power electronics system. This paper analyzes and designs a busbar structure in detail for prototype of the high-speed railway traction converter. The method of partial element equivalent circuit and the Q3D software were used to extract the stray inductance. A hollow-shaped structure is proposed with lower inductance than the initial U-shaped structure. The simulation results are given to illustrate the effectiveness.
KeywordsStray inductance Busbar-structure Converter Hollow-shape
- 2.Zhiqiang W, Guozhu C (2009) Study on planar busbar regarding stray inductance minimization and oscillation suppression for high power converter, sustainable power generation and supply. SUPERGEN ‘09. International conference, pp 1–7Google Scholar
- 3.Wen H, Wen X, Liu J, Guo X, Zhao F (2007) A low-inductance high-frequency film capacitor for electric vehicles. In: International conference on electrical machines and systems. ICEMS, pp 2046–2050Google Scholar
- 4.Pasterczyk RJ, Martin C, Guichon J-M, Schanen J-L (2005) Planar busbar optimization regarding current sharing and stray inductance minimization, 2005 European conference on power electronics and applications, pp 9Google Scholar
- 5.Beukes HJ, Enslin JHR, Spee R (1997) Busbar design considerations for high power IGBT converters. Power electronics specialists conference. PESC ‘97, Record., 28th Annual IEEE, vol 2, pp 847–853Google Scholar
- 6.Li F, Sun X, Huang L, Jiang J (2009) Main loop equivalent circuit of H-bridge power unit for EMI analysis. In: 4th IEEE conference on industrial electronics and applications. ICIEA, pp 2945–2948Google Scholar