Empirical Analysis of Wuhan Weighted Bus-Stop Network Characteristics
In this paper, it uses complex network theory research methods to do the research about the weighted bus station in Wuhan topology of the network. It conducts an empirical study to calculate the degree of the public transport network, the network diameter, clustering coefficient, average path length and core categories and other indicators. The results showed that the bus network of sites in Wuhan to obey a power law distribution, the results of Wuhan City for the future transport planning and construction of great significance.
KeywordsDegree Distribution Cluster Coefficient Average Path Length Transit Network Wuhan City
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
The authors are greatly indebted to anonymous referees for their constructive comments. The work described in this paper was partially supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant No. 10926170, 10971240), Natural Science Foundation Project of CQ CSTC (Grant No. CSTC2008BB2366, CSTC2009BB6388), and Applying Basic Research Program of Chongqing Education Committee (No. KJ110628, KJ100611) and Excellent Talents Project of Chongqing Education Committee.
- 1.Watts D J,Strogatz S H. Collective dynamics of ‘small world’ networks. Nature (S0028.0836),1998,393: 409–410.Google Scholar
- 2.Barabási A L, Albert R . Emergence of scaling in random networks . Science (S0036.8075), 1999, 286: 509–512.Google Scholar
- 3.Amaral LAN, Scala A, Barthelemy M, et al. Classes of small-world networks. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 97 (2000), 2000:11149–11152.Google Scholar
- 4.Latora V, Marchiori M. Efficient behavior of small-word networks. Physical Review Letters, 2001, 87(19): 1–4.Google Scholar
- 5.Latora V, Marchiori M. Is the Boston subway a smallword netword? Physica A, 2002 (314): 109–113.Google Scholar
- 6.Gao Ziyou, Wu Jian-jun, Mao Bao-hua, et al. Study on the Complexity of Traffic Netorks and Relate Problems. Journal of Transportation Systems Engineering and Information Technology, 2005, 5(2): 79–84.Google Scholar
- 7.Zhao jin-shan, Di Zeng-ru, Wang Da-hui. Empirical Research on Public Transport Network of Beijing. Complex Systems and Complexity Science, 2005, 2(2):45Google Scholar
- 8.Wang Zhe, Peng Qiyuan. Research on topologic propertices of Chengdu public traffic complex network. Comupter and Communications, 2007, 25(2): 39–42.Google Scholar
- 9.Zhang Chen,ZhangNing.Toplology research on Shanghai public traffic network. Jaournal of University of Shanghai for Science and Technology, 2006, 28(5):489–494.Google Scholar
- 10.Faloutsos M,Faloutsos P,Faloutsos C. On power-law relationship of the internet topology. Computer Communications Review, 1999, 29(4):251–262.Google Scholar