Application Analysis on EPON Technology Applied in Communication System of Smart Substation
This paper pointed out the problem that cost of communication equipments such as industrial Ethernet switch used to build the communication system of smart substation is excessively high, Analyzed the characteristics of smart substation communication system and technical requirements ,Proposed a technical solution to using EPON in smart substation communication system, analyzed the scheme used to build the communication system, The results show that the scheme in transmission bandwidth, real-time and reliability meet the application requirements, Finally, the network structure and construction diagram in which EPON is used in smart substation communication system is proposed. This research is a significance exploration in the field of smart grid and smart substation.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Technical guide for smart substation. Enterprise standards of state grid.Q/GDW 383-2009Google Scholar
- 2.IEEE 802.3ah Ethernet in the First Mile Task Force. http://www.ieee802.org/3/efm/.
- 3.Sun Xiao-xia, Application of xPON and Industrial Ethernet Technologies in Distribution Network, master thesis, 2007.Google Scholar
- 4.Yin Xiang-dong, The Application of EPON Technology in Remote Communication of Electricity Utilization Information Collection, Telecommunications for Electric Power System, 2008Google Scholar
- 5.Xu Guang-nian.Application of EPON and PLC in AMR. Telecommunications for Electric Power System, 2009, 10: 35.Google Scholar
- 6.Zhang Hao. Research on EPON technology used in gathering power meter information. Telecommunications for Electric Power System, 2010, 31(7): 42–45.Google Scholar
- 7.Wu Yi-ping. Modern optical fiber communication technology. Beijing: National Defence Industry Press, 2004.Google Scholar
- 8.Lang Wei-min. EPON / GPON from principles to practice. Posts & Telecom Press, 2010Google Scholar
- 9.Yan De-sheng. EPON: a new generation of broadband optical access technology and application. Machinery Industry Press.Google Scholar
- 10.Y. Luo and N. Ansari, Bandwidth Allocation For Multiservice Access on EPONs, IEEE Optical Communications, Feb. 2005, pp. S16–S21.Google Scholar
- 11.G. Kramer, B. Mukherjee, and G. Pesavento, IPACT:A Dynamic Protocol for an Ethernet PON (EPON), IEEE Commun. Mag. Vol.40, no.2, Feb. 2002.Google Scholar