Method of License Plate Location based on License Plate Texture and HSV Color Space
In this paper, a new method based on license plate texture and HSV color space is proposed, which can satisfy the system real-time request, and has the high robustness. Experiments show that compared with the existing method, the new method has obvious superiority in terms of speed, algorithm complexity, and precision.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Hao Yang, Yu-De Liu, Jian-Long Lin, Hai-Bin Bi, Guang-Jie Xiong, Yi-Chao Liang, Research on license plate location algorithm, Journal of Beijing Technology and Business University (Natural Science Edition) Vol. 26 (2008), p. 33–36Google Scholar
- 2.EunRyung Lee, Pyeoung Kee, King, Automatic recognition of a car license plate using color image processing, Journal of Korea Institute of Telematics and Electronics Vol. 24 (1995), p. 128–131.Google Scholar
- 3.Feng Yang, Zheng Ma, Mei Xie, A novel approach for license plate character segmentation, Conference on Industrial Electronics and Applications (2006), p.1–6.Google Scholar
- 4.K. Deb, Jo Kang-Hyun, HSI color based vehicle license plate detection, International Conference on Control Automation and Systems (2008), p. 687–691.Google Scholar
- 5.Shubo Zhang, Jianhuang Lai, A Synthesize Approach for Locating and Segmenting Vehicle License Plates, Acta Scientiarum Naturalium Universitatis Sunyatseni Vol. 43 (2004), p. 126–127.Google Scholar
- 6.Yin Zhang, License plate binarization algorithm based on analysis of the spatial distribution and maximum variance between clusters, Journal of Zhejiang University Vol. 35 (2001), p. 272–275.Google Scholar
- 7.Ling Li, An improved method of license plate image binarization, Computer Knowledge and Technology Vol. 12 (2006), p. 163–164.Google Scholar