The Influence of the Carrier Frequency Inaccuracy and Multipath Effects on Radio Interferometric Positioning System
Node location is a key technique in WSN. Radio interferometric Positioning System (RIPS) is a new excellent Positioning Technology with low cost and high precision. In the actual applications, Carrier frequency inaccuracy and multipath effects have significant influences on the precision of the Positioning. The influences of the two factors are analyzed in detail in this paper and some improved methods are also provided. It can be clear to see that the two factors play tremendous impact on the phase measurement of the RIPS.
KeywordsSensor Node Wireless Sensor Network Adaptive Filter Rake Receiver Multipath Effect
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
This paper is supported by the foundation of Science and Technology Commission of shanghai Municipality (NO.09595810400).
- 1.B. Kusý, Gy. Balogh, Á. Lédeczi, J. Sallai and M. Maróti,inTrack: High Precison tracking of the mobile sensor nodes, 4th European Workshop on Wireless Sensor Networks (EWSN), Delft, The Netherlands, January 2007, in Springer-Verlag Lecture Notes in Computer Science 4373 (2007), 51–66.Google Scholar
- 2.He T, Huang C, Blum B M, Stankovic J A, Abdelzaher T. “Range-free localization schemes for large scale sensor networks”,9th International Conf. on Mobile Computing and Networking (MobiCom), pp. 81–95, San Diego, CA. 2003.Google Scholar
- 3.Girod L, Estrin D. “Robust range estimation using acoustic and multimodal sensing”. IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems. Maui, HI, United states, Vol.3, 1312–1320, Oct., 2001.Google Scholar
- 4.Priyantha, B.N. “The Cricket Indoor Location System.” Ph.D Thesis, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, MA, 2005.Google Scholar
- 5.M. Maroti, P. Volgyesi, S. Dora, B. Kusy, A. Nadas, A. Ledeczi, G. Balogh, and K. Molnar, “Radio interferometric geolocation”, 3rd International Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems, SenSys’05, San Diego, CA, USA, pp.1–12. 2005.Google Scholar
- 6.R. Price and P.E.Jr. Green. A Communication Techinque for Multipath Channels. Proc. IRE, Vol 46, pp. 555–570, Mar.1958.Google Scholar
- 7.Simon Haykin, Adaptive Filter Theory (Fourth Edition), Pearson Education, Inc, 2002.Google Scholar