Active Disturbance Rejection Control for a Flexible-Joint Manipulator
This paper focuses on experimental verification of Active Disturbance Rejection Control (ADRC) on a one-link flexible-joint manipulator. The complexity of the considered system limits the ease of modeling and thus the performance of model-based control methods. ADRC is proposed in this research as an alternative to these techniques. It uses a disturbance observer to actively compensate the effects of perturbations acting on the system. A set of experiments was conducted in order to examine the robustness of the proposed control framework. The results obtained show that the ADRC method managed to stay robust against nonlinear behavior of the flexible-joint system as well as its dynamics parameters variations.
KeywordsDisturbance Observer Total Disturbance Active Disturbance Rejection Control Transmission Belt Extend State Observer
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Siddique, M.N.H., Tokhi, M.O.: GA-based neuro-fuzzy controller for flexible-link manipulator. In: International Conference on Control Applications, pp. 471–476 (2002)Google Scholar
- 2.Gao, Z., Huang, Y., Han, J.: An alternative paradigm for control system design. In: IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, pp. 4578–4585 (2001)Google Scholar
- 3.Gao, Z.: Scaling and Bandwidth-Parameterization Based Controller Tuning. In: IEEE American Control Conference, pp. 4989–4995 (2003)Google Scholar
- 5.Kim, H., Parker, J.K.: Artificial neural network for identification and tracking control of a flexible joint single-link robot. In: SSST Twenty-Fifth Southeastern Symposium on System Theory, pp. 233–237 (1993)Google Scholar
- 7.Madoński, R., Przybyła, M., Kordasz, M., Herman, P.: Application of Active Disturbance Rejection Control to a reel-to-reel system seen in tire industry. To be Published in Proc. of the IEEE Conference on Automation Science and Engineering (2011)Google Scholar
- 8.Tonietti, G., Schiavi, R., Bicchi, A.: Design and control of a variable stiffness actuator for safe and fast physical human/robot Interaction. In: IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, pp. 526–531 (2005)Google Scholar