Decentralized Control with Communication Bandwidth Constraints
In this chapter,we investigate the decentralized control problem in the setting of limited bandwidth sensing channels. Specifically, we consider the decentralized stabilization problem of a linear time-invariant (LTI) plant by multiple control stations that receive sensing information through rate-limited channels, and these stations are not capable of communicating with each other directly. The main result of the this chapter is a sufficient condition on the data rate of respective channels to guarantee system stabilizability. We provide an explicit way to construct the associated stabilizing encoder, decoder, and controller. We also present a robustness analysis showing that this control algorithm is structurally robust against model mismatch.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Fu, M., Xie, L.: Finite-level quantized feedback control for linear systems. In: Proc. 45th IEEE Conf. Decision and Control (CDC 2006), San Diego, CA, pp. 1117–1122 (2006)Google Scholar
- 8.Matveev, A., Savkin, A.: Stabilization of multisensor networked control systems with commu¬nication constraints. In: Proc. 5th Asian Control Conf., Melbourne, Australia, pp. 1905–1913 (2004)Google Scholar
- 9.Matveev, A., Savkin, A.: Decentralized stabilization of linear systems via limited capacity communication networks. In: Proc. 44th IEEE Conf. Control and Decision (CDC-ECC 2005), Seville, Spain, pp. 1155–1161 (2005)Google Scholar
- 10.Nair, G., Evans, R., Caines, P.: Stabilising decentralized linear systems under data rate con¬straints. In: Proc. 43rd IEEE Conf. Control and Decision (CDC 2004), Atlantis, Bahamas, pp. 3992–3997 (2004)Google Scholar
- 13.Tatikonda, S.: Some scaling properties of large distributed control systems. In: Proc. 42nd IEEE Conf. Control and Decision (CDC 2003), Maui, Hawaii, pp. 3142–3147 (2003)Google Scholar
- 16.Zhang, C., Dullerud, G.E.: Uniform stabilization of Markovian jump linear systems with logarithmic quantization—A convex approach. In: Proc. IEEE Conf. Decision and Control (CDC 2009), Atlanta, GA (2009)Google Scholar
- 17.Zhang, C.: Centralized and decentralized control with limited information. Ph.D. thesis, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Urbana-Champaign, IL (2008)Google Scholar