Decentralized Control with Communication Bandwidth Constraints
In this chapter,we investigate the decentralized control problem in the setting of limited bandwidth sensing channels. Specifically, we consider the decentralized stabilization problem of a linear time-invariant (LTI) plant by multiple control stations that receive sensing information through rate-limited channels, and these stations are not capable of communicating with each other directly. The main result of the this chapter is a sufficient condition on the data rate of respective channels to guarantee system stabilizability. We provide an explicit way to construct the associated stabilizing encoder, decoder, and controller. We also present a robustness analysis showing that this control algorithm is structurally robust against model mismatch.
KeywordsRobustness Analysis Nominal System Model Mismatch Decentralize Control Markovian Jump Linear System
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Fu, M., Xie, L.: Finite-level quantized feedback control for linear systems. In: Proc. 45th IEEE Conf. Decision and Control (CDC 2006), San Diego, CA, pp. 1117–1122 (2006)Google Scholar
- 8.Matveev, A., Savkin, A.: Stabilization of multisensor networked control systems with commu¬nication constraints. In: Proc. 5th Asian Control Conf., Melbourne, Australia, pp. 1905–1913 (2004)Google Scholar
- 9.Matveev, A., Savkin, A.: Decentralized stabilization of linear systems via limited capacity communication networks. In: Proc. 44th IEEE Conf. Control and Decision (CDC-ECC 2005), Seville, Spain, pp. 1155–1161 (2005)Google Scholar
- 10.Nair, G., Evans, R., Caines, P.: Stabilising decentralized linear systems under data rate con¬straints. In: Proc. 43rd IEEE Conf. Control and Decision (CDC 2004), Atlantis, Bahamas, pp. 3992–3997 (2004)Google Scholar
- 13.Tatikonda, S.: Some scaling properties of large distributed control systems. In: Proc. 42nd IEEE Conf. Control and Decision (CDC 2003), Maui, Hawaii, pp. 3142–3147 (2003)Google Scholar
- 16.Zhang, C., Dullerud, G.E.: Uniform stabilization of Markovian jump linear systems with logarithmic quantization—A convex approach. In: Proc. IEEE Conf. Decision and Control (CDC 2009), Atlanta, GA (2009)Google Scholar
- 17.Zhang, C.: Centralized and decentralized control with limited information. Ph.D. thesis, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Urbana-Champaign, IL (2008)Google Scholar