Challenge of ANN to microelectronics
The paper reviews the state of the art of integrated circuitry and neural networks. In the near future special technologies on silicon, as optoelectronic devices and analog memory cells, may improve the performance of integrated neural networks. For the far future a rough survey shows the potential of nano and molecular electronics which will offer a gigantic potential for neural networks.
KeywordsArtificial Neural Network Model Artificial Neural Network Algorithm Artificial Neural Network Simulation Integrate Neural Network DRAM Bank
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Examples for VLSI-ANN-Chips are described in the following books: DAPRA, Neural Network Study, AFCEA Int. Press, Fairfax Verginia, 1988. Digest of the International Solid State Circuit Conference Proc. of IJCNNGoogle Scholar
- Goser, K., Hilleringmann, U., Rückert, U., Schumacher, K.: VLSI Technologies for Artificial Neural Networks, IEEE Micro, Vol. 9, No. 6, pp. 28–44.Google Scholar
- Goser, K., Ramacher, U., Rückert, U.: Microelectronics for Neural Networks, Proceedings of the 1st Int. Workshop, University of Dortmund, 1990.Google Scholar
- Goser, K. and Ramacher, U.: Mikroelektronische Realisierung von künstlichen neuronalen Netzen, (in german) Informationstechnik it, Vol.34, No. 4, 241–247.Google Scholar
- Ramacher, U., Rückert, U., Nossek, J.A., Microelctronics for Neural Networks, Proceedings of the 2nd Int. Workshop, Kyrill&Method Verlag, M?nchen 1991.Google Scholar
- Yasunaga, M., et.al.: Design, Fabrication and Evaluation of a 5-inch Wafer Scale Neural Network LSI composed of 576 Digital Neurons, Proc. IJCNN, Vol. 2, June 1990, pp. 527–535.Google Scholar
- Mead, C: Neuromorphic Electronic Systems, Proc.IEEE Vol.78, No. 10, 1629–1636.Google Scholar
- Conrad, M.: Molecular Computing, Computer, Vol.25, No.11, 6–81.Google Scholar