Coupled Neuronal Oscillatory Systems
Central pattern generators can be modelled by systems of coupled oscillators. A technique of applying spatio-temporal symmetries to such models is discussed as a possible approach to classifying respiratory patternings in vertebrates.
KeywordsDopamine Respiration Hyde
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Winlow W, Moroz LL & Syed NI. Chapter 4, Mechanisms of behavioural selection in Lymnaea stagnalis. To be published.Google Scholar
- Syed NI, Bulloch AGM & Lukowiak K. In vitro reconstruction of the respiratory central pattern generator of the mollusc Lymnaea. Science reports 1990; 250:282–285Google Scholar
- Biktashev VM & Molchanov AM. Macrodynamical approach to the analysis of neural networks. Research Computing Center, Puschino. 142292, USSR. Preprint.Google Scholar
- Holden AV. The mathematics of excitation. In: Ricciardi LM & Scott A (eds) Biomathematics in 1980. North-Holland Amsterdam, 1982Google Scholar
- Petersen CK. Techniques to trace curves of bifurcation points of periodic solutions. Path User’s Guide. Centre for nonlinear studies, Leeds, 1987Google Scholar
- Doedel EJ. AUTO-Software for continuation and bifurcation problems in ordinary differential equations. Calif Inst Tech, 1986Google Scholar
- Barbi M, Haydon PG, Holden AV& Winlow W. On the phase response curves of repetitively active neurones. J Theor Neurobiol 1984; 3:15–24Google Scholar
- Hyde J & Rubio JE. Synthesis of isochrones. In preparation.Google Scholar