Introduction to CNMA Network Management
In today’s industries, networks are becoming more and more the backbone of automated systems. The ever increasing complexity of these networks requires powerful tooling to guarantee this efficiency and their maintenability. Network Management aims at satisfying these constraints by integrating all levels of policies for the control of CIM networks. This need is so obvious that it has become a strategic topic of standardization. This paper will introduce CNMA Network Management by providing an answer to the following questions: why do we need Network Management, how much does it save (and cost), what is it for and what is it?
The first section illustrates the relevance of management in networked computer systems. We show that it is not only useful to have management; it will often turn out to be indispensable due to the size, complexity and scale of the problems processed. The scale of the problem handled is presented in the second section. Section 3 presents a formal view of the problem space followed by a couple of usage scenarios. The last section presents the architecture selected to implement the CNMA network management.
KeywordsManagement Application Network Management Distribute Computer System Fault Management Mean Time Between Failure
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- CNMA Implementation Guide 4.0, Volume 2, A-Profile Part 7: Application Dependent Requirements: Network Management September 1989Google Scholar
- ISO/IEC JTC1/SC21 N 3509,Information Processing Systems - Open Systems Interconnection Management Information Services - SMI Part 4: Guidelines for the Definitions of Managed Objects, April 1989Google Scholar
- ISO/IEC JTC1/SC21, Information Processing Systems - Open Systems Interconnection Management Framework ISO/IEC DIS 7498/4Google Scholar
- ISO/IEC JTC1/SC21 N 3294, Information Processing Systems - Open Systems Interconnection System Management OverviewGoogle Scholar
- Manufacturing Automation Protocol 3.0 Chapter 11: Network Management Requirements Specification, August 1988Google Scholar
- CNMA Implementation Guide 4.0 Addendum 1 : Network Management Application February 1990.Google Scholar