Knowledge-Based Support of Quality in Design
The application of expert system technologies within the CIM area is growing, just as the interest, not least for SME’s, in Quality Assurance and the application of dedicated philosophies in that field. The present paper describes how support of quality in design and manufacturing can be approached by means of knowledge-based techniques. This approach can be seen as an exploitation of known software technology in new ways, hereby widening the application area of knowledge-based systems. An expected technology development outcome of the approach is the integration of knowledge-based techniques with other computer applications. Also the focussing on quality support is a new achievement in the field of knowledge-based systems in manufacturing.
KeywordsShipping Mane Editing Poss Veri
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- BYRNE, D.M., TAGUCHI, S. “The Taguchi Approach to Parameter Design”. 40th Annual Quality Congress Transactions. American Society for Quality Control 1987Google Scholar
- ROSS, P.J. “Taguchi Techniques for Quality Engineering”. McGraw-Hill, New York 1988Google Scholar
- BENDELL, A., DISNEY, J., PRIDMORE, W.A. (ed.) “Taguchi Methods: Applications in World Industry”. IFS Publications, UK 1989.Google Scholar
- MACARTHUR, E.W., LEES, B. “Quality Support through Knowledge Engineering”. Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Computer Aided Production Engineering, Edinburgh 1989.Google Scholar
- Description of the manufacturing location to be used as target en-vironment for the RA-IQSE“. Deliverable 1. 1 from Esprit project no 2178, RA-IQSE, AIN Pamplona 1989.Google Scholar
- Description of the Integrated Architecture of the RA-IQSE“, Vol. I-II. Deliverable 6.1 from Esprit project no 2178, RA-IQSE, CRI Copenhagen 1989.Google Scholar
- BILALIS, N., LEES, B., POTZE, R., STAUSGAARD, J., WITH, I. “Survey of methods for modelling and simulation”. Report 5.A from Esprit project no 2178, RA-IQSE, CRI Copenhagen 1989.Google Scholar