Determination of Gas Temperature in a CVD Reactor from Optical Emmission Spectra with the Help of Artificial Neural Networks and Group Method of Data Handling (GMDH)
Optical emission spectroscopy is widely used for monitoring of low-temperature plasmas in science and technology . However, determination of temperature from optical emission spectra is an inverse problem that is often very difficult to solve steadily by conventional methods. This paper reports successful application of artificial neural networks (ANN) and group method of data handling (GMDH) for determination of gas temperature from model optical emission spectra analogous to those recorded in a DC-discharge CVD reactor used for diamond film deposition.
KeywordsArtificial Neural Network Model Spectrum General Regression Neural Network Temperature Determination Chemical Vapour Deposition Reactor
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 9.Farlow S.J., ed., 1984. Self-Organizing Method in Modeling: GMDH Type Algorithms. ( Statistics: Textbooks and Monographs ).Google Scholar
- 10.Dolenko S.A., Orlov Yu.V., Persiantsev LG., 1996. Practical implementation and use of group method of data handling (GMDH): prospects and problems. In: Parmee I.C. (ed.), 1996. Adaptive Computing in Engineering Design and Control. Conference proceedings. PEDC, Univ. of Plymouth, UK, pp 291–293.Google Scholar
- 11.Kashko D.V., Pal A.F., Rakhimov A.T., Serov A.O., Suetin N.V., Filippov A.V., 1996. The deposition of diamond films in dc discharge with close circle gas circuit Proc. 7th Int. Symp. “Thin films in electronics”, Moscow–Ioshkar-Ola, pp 19–32.Google Scholar
- 12.Huber K.P., Herzberg G., 1979. Molecular Spectra and Molecular Structure IV. Constants of Diatomic Molecules. Van Nostrand Reinhold Co., New York, pp 160–169.Google Scholar
- 14.Murthy N.S., Prahllad U.D., 1979. Integrated intensity measurements and relative band strengths of CO (Angstrom) bands. Physika97C: 385–387.Google Scholar
- 16.Kovacs I., 1969. Rotational structure in the spectra of diatomic molecules. Akademiai Kiada, Budapest.Google Scholar
- 17.NeuroShell 2 User Manual. Fourth edition - June 1996. Ward Systems Group, Inc. Frederick, MD, USA.Google Scholar