Ontology Specification and Integration Facilities in a Semantic Interoperation
The proposed procedure for searching the resources with application relevant capabilities is based on the ontological context coherence and semantical similarity of resource/application specifications. This approach is based on natural language definition of each concept and on calculation of concepts correlation based on associations between vectors of verbal terms used for the concepts definitions. Thus the core of the man — machine procedure for the ontological integration is formed. A scenario for the integration of ontological specifications had been developed. The use of the workbench for ontological module integration is based on this scenario and has been demonstrated on an example. The architecture of the workbench prototype is designed around the idea of distributed objects interoperation technically based on CORBA.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- The Common Object Request Broker: Architecture and Specification, Object Management Group Inc., 1992.Google Scholar
- S, Eherer, R. Gallersdorfer. ConceptBase V3.1. Programmer’s Manual, Informatic V, RWTH Aachen, Ahornstr. 55, 5100 Aachen, Germany, 1992.Google Scholar
- M. Jarke. A Deductive Object Base Management System, ConceptBase v3.1 User Manual, 1993.Google Scholar
- L. A. Kalinichenko. Constructing of Concretization of an Application Domain Description by Information Resources., Advances in Database Systems. USIM, 6, 1994, Kiev.Google Scholar
- L. A. Kalinichenko. Emerging semantic-based interoperable information system technology, In: Computers as our best partners, In Proceedings of the IISF/ACM Japan International Symposium, 1994.Google Scholar
- D. A. Marca, C. L. McGown. SADT: structured analysis and design technique, McGraw Hill Book Company, New York, 1988.Google Scholar
- Orbix Release 1.3, Programmer’s Guide, IONA Technologies Ltd, November, 1994.Google Scholar
- G. Salton. Automatic Information Organization and Retrieval, McGraw-Hill, 1968.Google Scholar