Unicompartmental Replacement and Patello-femoral Replacement
Most knee replacement operations consist in resurfacing the medial and lateral femoral condyles, both tibial plateaus, and the patellar and femoral trochlear surfaces. In this chapter I will discuss those situations where the surgeon will elect to resurface only part of the knee: one femoral condyle and its corresponding plateau (unicompartmental replacement), or merely the patella and anterior femur.
KeywordsArthritis Chrome Cobalt Polyethylene Radionuclide
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Coventry MB (1979) Upper tibial osteotomy for gonarthrosis. Orthop Clin NA 10: 191–210Google Scholar
- DePalma AF, Flynn J (1958) Joint changes following experimental partial and total patellectomy. J Bone Joint Surg [Am] 40:395–400Google Scholar
- Englebrecht E, Siegel A, Rottger G, Buchholz HW (1976) Statistics of total knee replacement: partial and total knee replacement, design St. Georg. a review of 4 years’ observation. Clin Orthop 120:54–64Google Scholar
- Jones WT, Bryan RS, Peterson LFA, Ilstrup DE (1981) Unicompartmental knee arthroplasty using polycentric and geometric hemicomponents. J Bone Joint Surg [Am] 63:946–954Google Scholar
- Laskin RS (1978) Unicompartmental tibiofemoral resurfacing arthroplasty. J Bone Joint Surg 60:182–18 5Google Scholar
- Laskin RS (1979) Total knee replacement. Orthop Clin NA 10:223–247Google Scholar
- Marmor L (1979) Marmor modular knee in unicompartmental disease. Minimum 4-year follow-up. J Bone Joint Surg [Am] 61:347–357Google Scholar
- McKeever DC (1955) Patellar prosthesis. J. Bone Joint Surg [Am] 37:1074–1084Google Scholar
- Richards (1980) Resurfacing of the patello-femoral joint. Technical publication 3910Google Scholar
- Scott R (1982) Prosthetic replacement of the patellofemoral joint. Orthop Clin NA 10: 129–137Google Scholar
- Scott RD, Santore RF (1981) Unicondylar unicompartmental replacement for osteoarthritis of the knee. J Bone Joint Surg [Am] 63:536–544Google Scholar
- Worrell RV (1976) Some aspects of prosthetic replacement of the patella. Orthop Rev 5:39–45Google Scholar