A Practical Trajectory Following of an Articulated Steering Type Vehicle
We are interested in automated control of an articulated steering type vehicle like a wheel loader. We consider a typical motion of the wheel loader drawing a V-shape when it picks gravel up and loads it to the dump truck. A symmetrical clothoid is proposed to specify the V-shape trajectory. Representation of the trajectory and a method to follow the trajectory by a miniature wheel loader is illustrated in this paper, together with the implementation and experimental results.
KeywordsReference Trajectory Typical Motion Distance Parameter User Program Wheel Loader
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [Iida et al., 1991]S. Iida and S. Yuta. Vehicle command system and trajectory control for autonomous mobile robots. Proc. of IEEE/RSJ Int. Workshop on Intelligent Robot and Systems (IROS ‘91), pp.212–217, 1991Google Scholar
- [Sarata et al., 1995]S. Sarata, T. Tsubouchi and S. Yuta. Path planning and tracking control for V-shape trajectory of wheel loader. Proc. of 5th Construction Robot Symposium, pp.111–114, 1995.Google Scholar
- [Yuta et al., 1991]S. Yuta, S. Suzuki and S. Iida. Implementation of a small size experimental self-contained autonomous robot — sensors, vehicle control and description of sensor based behavior. Proc. of Int. Symp. on Experimental Robots ‘91, pp, 1991.Google Scholar
- [Suzuki et al., 1989]S. Suzuki, S. Yuta and J. Iijima: How to describe the mobile robot’s sensor based behavior? Proc. of Intelligent Autonomous System 2, pp.78–88, 1989Google Scholar
- [Tsubouchi et al., 1996]T. Tsubouchi, H. Ishimoto, S. Sarata and S. Yuta. A trajectory following control for a miniature wheel loader. Proc. of Int. Symp. on Automation and Robotics in Construction, pp.699–708, 1996.Google Scholar
- [Iida2 et al., 1991]S. Iida and S. Yuta: Control of vehicle with power wheeled steerings using feedforward dynamics compensation. IECON ‘91, Oct 1991 KobeGoogle Scholar