A Practical Trajectory Following of an Articulated Steering Type Vehicle
We are interested in automated control of an articulated steering type vehicle like a wheel loader. We consider a typical motion of the wheel loader drawing a V-shape when it picks gravel up and loads it to the dump truck. A symmetrical clothoid is proposed to specify the V-shape trajectory. Representation of the trajectory and a method to follow the trajectory by a miniature wheel loader is illustrated in this paper, together with the implementation and experimental results.
KeywordsTorque Eter Gravel
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [Iida et al., 1991]S. Iida and S. Yuta. Vehicle command system and trajectory control for autonomous mobile robots. Proc. of IEEE/RSJ Int. Workshop on Intelligent Robot and Systems (IROS ‘91), pp.212–217, 1991Google Scholar
- [Sarata et al., 1995]S. Sarata, T. Tsubouchi and S. Yuta. Path planning and tracking control for V-shape trajectory of wheel loader. Proc. of 5th Construction Robot Symposium, pp.111–114, 1995.Google Scholar
- [Yuta et al., 1991]S. Yuta, S. Suzuki and S. Iida. Implementation of a small size experimental self-contained autonomous robot — sensors, vehicle control and description of sensor based behavior. Proc. of Int. Symp. on Experimental Robots ‘91, pp, 1991.Google Scholar
- [Suzuki et al., 1989]S. Suzuki, S. Yuta and J. Iijima: How to describe the mobile robot’s sensor based behavior? Proc. of Intelligent Autonomous System 2, pp.78–88, 1989Google Scholar
- [Tsubouchi et al., 1996]T. Tsubouchi, H. Ishimoto, S. Sarata and S. Yuta. A trajectory following control for a miniature wheel loader. Proc. of Int. Symp. on Automation and Robotics in Construction, pp.699–708, 1996.Google Scholar
- [Iida2 et al., 1991]S. Iida and S. Yuta: Control of vehicle with power wheeled steerings using feedforward dynamics compensation. IECON ‘91, Oct 1991 KobeGoogle Scholar