General Considerations about Approximations and Modifications of Self-Complementary Antennas
According to the theory of the self-complementary antenna (SCA), the basic structures of this type of antenna consist of infinitely extended planar sheets of perfect electric conductors. In addition, in the case of stacked antennas, an infinite number of element antennas are arranged periodically. Therefore, the theoretically obtained self-complementary antenna can only be approximated by limited size of structure and limited number of element antennas, when this principle is applied to extremely broad-band practical antennas.
KeywordsInput Impedance Element Antenna Equivalent Radius Truncation Effect Perfect Electric Conductor
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 8.1.T. Kasahara and Y. Mushiake, Axially symmetric and equally spaced self-complementary array antenna, Trans. IECE Japan, J65-B, No. 3, pp. 338–339, March, 1982.Google Scholar
- 8.3.Y. Mushiake, Report of the studies on self-complementary antennas with modifications and approximations, Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research, Ministry of Education, Japan, Project No. 56890010 (1981–1983), 127 pages, March, 1983.Google Scholar
- 8.4.R.H. Duhamel and F.R. Ore, Logarithmically periodic antenna designs, 1958 IRE International Convention Record, pt. I, pp. 139–151, March, 1958.Google Scholar
- 8.6.T. Kasahara and Y. Mushiake, Self-complementary ground-plane antennas in three dimensions, Trans. IECE Japan, J65-B, No. 9, pp. 1109–1116, September, 1982.Google Scholar
- 8.7.T. Kasahara, K. Sawaya and Y. Mushiake, Modified three-dimensional self-complementary array antenna over a finite ground plane, Trans. IECE Japan, J66-B, No. 1, pp. 40–47, January, 1983.Google Scholar
- 8.8.T. Ishizone, T. Kasahara and Y. Mushiake, Modified two planes self-complementary antenna, 1978 International Symposium on Antennas and Propagation, Japan, Summaries of Papers, paper A-93, pp. 145–148, August, 1978.Google Scholar
- 8.9.T. Ishizone, Y. Yokoyama, S. Nishimura and Y. Mushiake, Unipole-slot array antenna, Trans. IECE Japan, J66-B, No. 3, pp. 281–288, March, 1983.Google Scholar
- 8.10.Y. Mushiake, Principle of log-periodic antenna (comments), Broadcast Engineering, 13, No. 8, pp. 441–444, August, 1960.Google Scholar