Putting the Swing into Java
We have already mentioned the Java Foundation Classes (JFC), Swing and the Java 2 release of the Java Developers’ Kit (JDK 1.2) in this book. However, many of you won’t be sure of the relationships between AWT, Swing, JFC and the JDK, nor indeed what Swing actually provides. This chapter cuts through the hype and shows you what Swing will mean for you.
KeywordsHunt Prefix Editing Adapter
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Krasner, G.E. and Pope, S.T. (1988). A cookbook for using the Model-View-Controller user interface paradigm in Smalltalk-80. JOOP 1(3), 26–49.Google Scholar
- Hunt, J.E. (1997). Constructing modular user interface in Java. Java Report 2(8), 25–32. Google Scholar
- The Swing home pages:http://java.sun.com/products/jfc/swingdoc-current/ index.html.
- Java 2/JDK 1.2: http://java.sun.com/.
- The Swing Connection: http://java.sun.com/products/j fc/swingdoc-current/doc/ index.html.
- The JFC Home Page:http://java. sun. com/products/j f c/index. html.
- The Java Tutorial: Using the JFC “Swing” Release:http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/postl.O/ui/swing.html.