Perspectives in Satellite Mobile Communications
This paper traces the development of Mobile Communications using satellites for personal and commercial purposes and, based on demonstrated available technologies and current market trends, suggests that the future will see the use of satellites in the provision of narrow and wide band mobile communications along with multimedia services from a single platform at Ka Band and higher frequencies.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- G. Lo Squadro, F. Vatalaro: “A Satellite System for Multimedia Personal Communications at Ka-band and Beyond” — Ka-band Utilization Conference - Rome, Italy - 1995.Google Scholar
- S. Buonomo, L. D’Amato, B. Arbesser-Rastburg:“Mobile Propagation Measurements at Ka-band: Statistical Results” - Third Ka-band Utilization Conference - Sorrento, Italy - 1997.Google Scholar
- G. Lo Squadro: “Satellite Multimedia Applications Through Compact Portable and Mobile Terminals” - EMPS’96- Rome , Italy - 1996. Google Scholar
- G. Chiassarini, E. Saggese, P. Tabacco, A. Vernucci “Design Aspects of Digital Modems for the Forecoming Demonstrations of Mobile Systems Operating at SHF/EHF” — EMPS ’96 - Rome, Italy - 1996.Google Scholar
- C. Des Dorides, G. Lo Squadro. E. Schena - “End-to-End Satellite Service Demonstrations at K/Ka on Fixed and Mobile Environment” — Fourth Ka-band Utilization Conference- Venice , Italy - 1998.Google Scholar
- F. Carducci, G. Lo Squadro, G. Matarazzo, M. Protto “The EuroSky Way worldwide system providing broadband service to fixed and mobile end-users” — Fourth Ka-band Utilization Conference - Venice, Italy - 1998.Google Scholar
- A. Pullara, D. E. Campbell, F. Marconicchio - “Italsat F2 and its EMS Payload for Mobile Communications” - EMPS ’96 - Rome, Italy - 1996.Google Scholar
- F Gargione, R. Acosta, T. Coney and R. Krawczyk “Advanced Communications Technology Satellite(ACTS): Design and On-orbit Performance Measurements ”-International Journal of Satellite Communications, Volume 14, number 3, May-June 1996.Google Scholar
- B. A. Abbe, M. J. Agan and T.C. Jedrey “ACTS Mobile Terminals” - International Journal of Satellite Communications, Volume 14, number 3, May- June 1996.Google Scholar
- F.Gargione, B. Abbe, M.J. Agan, T.C. Jedrey, P. Sohn “Mobile Experiments using ACTS” — Space Communications, an international journal, Volume 13, Number 3, 1995.Google Scholar
- M.J.Agan, D.I. Nakamura, A.D. Campbell. R.H. Sternowski, W.A. Whiting and L. Shameson “ACTS Aeronautical Experiments” — International Journal of Satellite Communications, Volume 14, number 3, May-June 1996.Google Scholar