Reconciliation of Object Interaction Models
This paper presents Reconciliation+, a tool-supported method which identifies overlaps between models of different object interactions expressed as UML sequence and/or collaboration diagrams, checks whether the overlapping messages of these models satisfy specific consistency rules, and guides developers in handling any inconsistencies detected.
KeywordsInternal Action Sequence Diagram Object Interaction Consistency Rule Choice Context
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Cheung K, Chow K, Cheung T, Consistency Analysis on Lifecyele Model and Interaction Model. Proc. of the 6th Int. Conf. on Object-Oriented Information Systems, 1998, 427–441.Google Scholar
- 2.Glinz M., An Integrated Formal Model of Scenarios Based on Statecharts, Proc. of the 5th European Software Engineering Conference, LNCS 989, Springer-Verlag, 1995,2542010033271.Google Scholar
- 3.OMG, Unified Modelling Language Specification V. 1.3a. Available from: ftp://ftp.omg.org/pub/docs/ad/99-06-08.pdf.Google Scholar
- 4.Papadimitriou C, Steiglitz K, Combinatorial Optimisation: Algorithms and Complexity. Prentice-Hall Inc., 1982.Google Scholar
- 5.Pohl K., Process-Centred Requirements Engineering. Advanced Software Development Series, J. Kramer (ed), Research Studies Press Ltd., 1996, London.Google Scholar
- 6.Si-Said S, Rolland C, Grosz G, MENTOR: A Computer Aided Requirements Engineering Environment. In Proc. of the 8th Int. Conf. on Advanced Information Systems Engineering, Heraklion, Springer, 1996, 22–43Google Scholar
- 7.Spanoudakis G, Zisman A, Inconsistency Management in Software Engineering: Survey and Open Research Issues. In Handbook of Software Engineering and Knowledge Engineering, (ed) Chang S. K., World Scientific Publishing, 2001.Google Scholar
- 8.Zisman A, Emmerich W, Finkelstein A, Using XML to Specify Consistency Rules for Distributed Documents. 10th Int. Workshop on Software Specification and Design, 2000.Google Scholar
- 9.Shafer G, A Mathematical Theory of Evidence. Princeton University Press, 1976.Google Scholar
- 10.Spanoudakis G, An Algorithm for Detecting Overlaps between Models of Object Interactions. Technical report no. TR-2000/03, Dep. of Computing, City University, 2000.Google Scholar
- 11.Spanoudakis G, Kim H, Evidential Management of Inconsistencies in Object Interaction Models. Technical report no. TR-2000/04, Dep. of Computing, City University, 2000.Google Scholar