This paper presents Reconciliation+, a tool-supported method which identifies overlaps between models of different object interactions expressed as UML sequence and/or collaboration diagrams, checks whether the overlapping messages of these models satisfy specific consistency rules, and guides developers in handling any inconsistencies detected.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Cheung K, Chow K, Cheung T, Consistency Analysis on Lifecyele Model and Interaction Model. Proc. of the 6th Int. Conf. on Object-Oriented Information Systems, 1998, 427–441.Google Scholar
- 2.Glinz M., An Integrated Formal Model of Scenarios Based on Statecharts, Proc. of the 5th European Software Engineering Conference, LNCS 989, Springer-Verlag, 1995,2542010033271.Google Scholar
- 3.OMG, Unified Modelling Language Specification V. 1.3a. Available from: ftp://ftp.omg.org/pub/docs/ad/99-06-08.pdf.Google Scholar
- 4.Papadimitriou C, Steiglitz K, Combinatorial Optimisation: Algorithms and Complexity. Prentice-Hall Inc., 1982.Google Scholar
- 5.Pohl K., Process-Centred Requirements Engineering. Advanced Software Development Series, J. Kramer (ed), Research Studies Press Ltd., 1996, London.Google Scholar
- 6.Si-Said S, Rolland C, Grosz G, MENTOR: A Computer Aided Requirements Engineering Environment. In Proc. of the 8th Int. Conf. on Advanced Information Systems Engineering, Heraklion, Springer, 1996, 22–43Google Scholar
- 7.Spanoudakis G, Zisman A, Inconsistency Management in Software Engineering: Survey and Open Research Issues. In Handbook of Software Engineering and Knowledge Engineering, (ed) Chang S. K., World Scientific Publishing, 2001.Google Scholar
- 8.Zisman A, Emmerich W, Finkelstein A, Using XML to Specify Consistency Rules for Distributed Documents. 10th Int. Workshop on Software Specification and Design, 2000.Google Scholar
- 9.Shafer G, A Mathematical Theory of Evidence. Princeton University Press, 1976.Google Scholar
- 10.Spanoudakis G, An Algorithm for Detecting Overlaps between Models of Object Interactions. Technical report no. TR-2000/03, Dep. of Computing, City University, 2000.Google Scholar
- 11.Spanoudakis G, Kim H, Evidential Management of Inconsistencies in Object Interaction Models. Technical report no. TR-2000/04, Dep. of Computing, City University, 2000.Google Scholar