Robustness Diagram: A Bridge Between Business Modelling and System Design
Use case driven development has proven being a good approach for capturing problem semantics in an orderly, structured description. However, it specifies an abstraction beyond practicity to guide system design process. Robustness diagrams are a simple solution for drafting a more formal description for business modelling. This very simplicity may, however, detract its value, falling short of capturing the rich business semantics. Stereotyping is the essence behind its robustness diagram mechanics. Symbols convey the abstraction necessary to catch the model semantics. Increasing the number of stereotypes we can achieve a closer match from model to design. Rules carefully stated for robustness diagram can help to translate high-level information into well-behaved and predictable symbolic descriptions. This enhancement to robustness diagram helps to patch the gap between abstract model and project into a paved continuum. It has been used to train programmers to extract working and consistent systems out of use case specifications.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Rosemberg, D., Scott, K.; Use Case Driven Object Modeling With UML: A Practical Approach; Addison-Wesley; 1999Google Scholar
- 2.Page-Jones, M.: Fundamentals of Object-Oriented Design in UML(2000) — Dorset House PublishingGoogle Scholar
- 3.Fowler M., Scoott K.: UML Distilled — A Brief Guide to the Standard Object Modeling LanguageGoogle Scholar
- 4.Oliveira, R. F., Lobo, S. B., Teles, V. M.: e-Doc: Sistema de Apoio a Documentagao de Modelos de Projeto de Software Orientado a Objetos que Utilizam a UML como Linguagem Padrao de Modelagem (Integrado a Ferramenta CASE Rational Rose) — B.Sc dissertation UFRJ 2000Google Scholar
- 5.http://tedmos.nce.ufij.br/uml/aulas/aulas2/eDoc/index.htmGoogle Scholar
- 6.Kruchten, P.: Rational Unified Process: An Introduction, 2 edition (2000) — Dorset House PublishingGoogle Scholar
- 7.Jacobson, I.: The Unified Software Development Process(1999) — Dorset House PublishingGoogle Scholar
- 8.“Developer’s Guide — Borland — Jbuilder 2”, Borland, 1998.Google Scholar