Graphical Java Media
The Swing user interface classes are not the only ones making an impact on the way we use graphics in Java. Java Media is a collection of class frameworks that enriches the way in which Java applications and applets can handle various types of media. In this chapter we look at the new facilities provided by Java 2D, Java 3D, and the Java Media Framework (JMF), although Java Media also includes telephony and speech APIs.
KeywordsHunt Editing Dispatch Cyan Glyph
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Java 1.2 (including Java 2D) is available through Sun’s JavaSoft Web pages: http://java.sun.com/Google Scholar
- Also, check out the Java 2D home pages: http://java.sun.com/products/java-media/2D/index.htmlGoogle Scholar
- The Java 3D home pages (including Java 3D White Paper): http://java.sun.com/products/java-media/3D/Google Scholar
- The Java Media Framework pages: http://java.sun.com/products/j ava-media/jmf/index.htmlGoogle Scholar
- JavaSoft technical article on Java 2D: http://developer.Javasoft.com/developer/technicalArticles/monicap/2DGraphics/ Intro/simple2D.htmlGoogle Scholar
- JavaSoft technical article on colour: http://developer.javasoft.com/developer/technicalArticles/monicap/2DGraphics/Color/color.htmlGoogle Scholar