Performance Analysis of Wavelength Division Multiplexing Mesh Networks
The behavior of WDM mesh networks under dynamic traffic is an important aspect to be considered in the future optical communications. In particular the physical topology of the network influences its performance parameters. In this paper we study this aspect by considering WDM mesh networks with and without wavelength conversion under various routing and wavelength assignment algorithms.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- S. Subramaniam, M. Azizoglu, and A. K. Somani, “Connectivity and sparse wavelength conversion in wavelength-routing networks”, Proc. INFOCOM ′96, pp. 148–155, 1996.Google Scholar
- M. Kovacevic and A. Acampora, “Benefits of wavelength translation in all-optical clear-channel networks”, IEEE JSAC, 14(5), pp. 868–880, June 1996.Google Scholar
- J. Yates, J. Lacey, et al, “Limited-range wavelength translation in all-optical networks”, Proc. INFOCOM ′96, pp. 954–961, 1996.Google Scholar
- I. Chlamtac, A. Farago, and T. Zhang, “Lightpath (wavelength) routing in large WDM networks”, IEEE JSAC, 14(5), pp. 909–913, June 1996.Google Scholar
- R. Ramaswami and K. N. Sivarajan, “Design of logical topologies for wavelength-routed optical networks”, Proc. INFOCOM ′95.Google Scholar
- N. Wauters and P. Demeester, “Design of the optical path layer in multiwavelength cross-connected networks”, IEEE JSAC, 14(5), pp. 881–892, June 1996.Google Scholar
- K.-I. Sato, Advances in Transport Network Technologies — Photonic Networks, ATM, and SDH, Artech House, Norwood, MA, first edition, 1996.Google Scholar
- C. Chen and S. Banerjee, “A new model for optimal routing and wavelength assignment in wavelength division multiplexed optical networks”, Proc. INFOCOM ′96, volume 2a. 4. 1-8, pp. 164–171, 1996.Google Scholar
- N. Nagatsu, S. Okamoto, and K. I. Sato, “Optical path cross-connect system scale evaluation path accommodation design for restricted wavelength multiplexing”, IEEE JSAC, 14(5), pp. 893–902, June 1996.Google Scholar
- D. Banerjee and B. Mukherjee, “Wavelength-routed optical networks: Linear formulation, resource budgeting tradeoffs, and a re-configuration study, Proc. INFOCOM ′97, 1997.Google Scholar
- R. A. Barry and P. A. Humblet, “Models of blocking probability in all-optical networks with and without wavelength changers”, IEEE JSAC, 14(5), pp. 858–867, June 1996.Google Scholar
- A. Birman, “Computing approximate blocking probabilities for a class of all-optical networks”, IEEE JSAC, 14(5), pp. 852–857, June 1996.Google Scholar