Strategic Scenarios and Feasibility Studies
An analysis of future satellite service requirements has been performed in (1), where end-user services were categorised and some potential teleservices were described. In order to facilitate a smooth migration from current mobile satellite services (MSS) to future satellite personal communication services (S-PCS), the next generation of satellite communication networks will have to provide teleservices available in current second-generation mobile systems, as well as providing services compatible with those of the fixed networks.
KeywordsAzimuth Angle Universal Mobile Telecommunication System Universal Mobile Telecommunication System Satellite Constellation Visible Satellite
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Fawley RJ, Mohorcic M, Sheriff RE (1997) Satellite-PCN service requirements. COST 252 TD(97)01.Google Scholar
- 2.Mohorcic M, Sheriff RE (1997) Non-geostationary satellite constellations for provision of mobile broadband services, COST 252 TD(97)06.Google Scholar
- 3.Wiesendanger S, Scenarios for Satellite-PCN evolution, COST 252 TD(98)03.Google Scholar
- 4.Wiesendanger S, Short summary of WRC 1997, COST 252 TD(98)04.Google Scholar
- 5.Sheriff RE, Current Activities in COST 252/WG 1: strategic scenarios and feasibility studies, COST 252 TD(98)11.Google Scholar
- 6.Mohorcic, M, STSM report: modelling satellite constellations using OPNET, COST 252 TD(98)20.Google Scholar
- 7.Mohorcic M, Sheriff RE, Non-geostationary satellite constellations: visibility aspects, T 25COS2 TD(98)21.Google Scholar