Autotuning of a Fuzzy PID Controller Based on Fuzzy Gain and Phase Margins: Analysis and Design
In this paper a new method for autotuning thePID controller gains based on fuzzy rules is proposed and a new rule base for gain and phase margins is derived. The proposed control scheme offers advantages over the conventional fuzzy PID controller (FPID) such as: i) it is necessary only one rule base; ii) it may be completely autotuned, requiring only one relay feedback experiment; and iii) it shows stability and the robustness characteristic is conceptually simple. The fuzzy PID control algorithm has been successfully applied to simulation and practical examples. The application of the describing function for the stability and design of FPID control system is investigated.
KeywordsMembership Function Fuzzy Rule Fuzzy Controller Propose Control Scheme Phase Margin
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Yager, R. R.; Filev, D.P. (1994). Essentials of fuzzy modeling and control, New York: John Wiley & Sons.Google Scholar
- 9.Åström, K. J. (1991). Intelligent control, European Control Conference, Grenoble, France, pp. 2328–2339.Google Scholar
- 11.Astrom, K. J.; Hagglund, T. (1995). PID controllers: theory, design and tuning, Instrument Society of America.Google Scholar
- 12.Luyben, W. L. (1987). Derivation of transfer function for highly non-linear distillation columns, Ind. Eng. Chem. Process Des. Dev., vol. 26, pp. 2490–2495.Google Scholar
- 13.Qin, S. J. (1994). “Auto-tuned fuzzy logic control”, Proc. of the American Control Conference, Baltimore, Maryland, USA, pp. 2465–2469.Google Scholar
- 14.Zhao, Z. Y.; Tomizuka, M.; Isaka, S. (1993). Fuzzy gain scheduling of PID controllers, IEEE Transactions on Systems Man and Cybernetics, vol. 23, no. 5 September/October.Google Scholar
- 15.Coelho, L. S.; Almeida, O. M.; Coelho, A. A. R. (1998). Intelligent and self-tuning PID controllers: methods and application, Proceedings of XII Brazilian Automatic Control Conference, vol. I, pp.375–380, Uberlandia MG, Brazil.Google Scholar
- 16.Almeida, O. M.; Coelho, L. S.; Coelho, A. A. R. (1999). Practical robust control to a nonlinear system using auto-tuning fuzzy and sliding-mode approaches, 4 World Congress on Soft Computing.Google Scholar
- 17.Coelho, L. S.; Almeida, O. M.; Coelho, A. A. R. (2000). Design and tuning of intelligent and self-tuning PID controllers, 5 World Congress on Soft Computing.Google Scholar
- 19.Khalil, H. K., (1996). Nonlinear System, Prentice Hall.Google Scholar
- 20.Kim, E.; Lee, H. and Park, M. (2000) Limit-cycle prediction of a fuzzy control system based on describing function method, IEEE Transaction on Fuzzy Systems, vol. 8, no. I, pp. 11–22.Google Scholar