How Bias Errors Affect Experimental Dynamic Substructuring
As it turns out experimental Dynamic Substructuring is very sensitive to all kinds of measurement and modeling errors. In [1, 9] a statistical method was formulated to investigating the effect of random errors, due to measurement noise for example, on experimental dynamic substructuring. Shown that problems can especially occur at eigenfrequencies of lightly damped substructures, it doesn’t really explain why coupled FRF are so often completely off in a broad frequency range. This paper adds by investigating the effect of bias errors in driving point FRFs at experimental substructure interfaces. These bias errors get into existence from a different impact location from the hammer on the substructure
KeywordsBias Error Uncertainty Propagation Experimental Dynamic Sensitivity Matrix Excitation Location
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.de Klerk, D. Dynamic Response Characterization of Complex Systems through Operational Identification and Dynamic Substructuring. Phd thesis, Delft University of Technology, http://www.3me.tudelft.nl/live/pagina.jsp?id=73932050-a4ca-46b5-bd9bd98b8a52dbe6, March 2009.
- 2.de Klerk, D., Rixen, D., and Voormeeren, S. A General Framework for Dynamic Substructuring. History, review and classifcation of techniques.AIAA Journal (2008).Google Scholar
- 3.de Klerk, D., Voormeeren, S., and Rixen, D. A General Framework for Dynamic Substructuring: History, Review, and Classification of Techniques.AIAA 46, 5 (2008), 1169– 1181.Google Scholar
- 4.Dekking, F., Kraaikamp, C., Lopuha¨a, H., and Meester, L.Probability and Statistics for the 21st Century. Delft University of Technology, Delft, The Netherlands, 2004.Google Scholar
- 5.Pagnacco, E., Gautrelet, C., Paumelle, J., and Lambert, S. Frequency Based Substructuring without R-Dof Measurements: A Two-Beam Test Case.In 20th International Congress of Mecahnical Engineering November 2009.Google Scholar
- 6.Paumelle, J. Investigations in Assembly of Measured Substructures Characterized by Flexural Behavior using the FBS Method. Master’s thesis, INSA de Rouen, Department de Macanique, filiere mecanique des structures, 2009.Google Scholar
- 8.Voormeeren, S.Improvement of Coupling Procedures and Quantification of Uncertainty in Experimental Dynamic Substructuring Analysis; Application and Validation in Automotive Research.Master’s thesis, TU Delft, 2007.Google Scholar
- 9.Voormeeren, S., de Klerk, D., and Rixen, D. Uncertainty Quantification in Experimental Frequency Based Substructuring. Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing (MSSP) 24, 1 (Januar 2010), 106–118.Google Scholar
- 10.Wikipedia.The free encyclopedia.http://www.wikipedia.org.